HybridZ

Great Deals on new 16 inch Centerline rims

Guest Big Phil

Guest Big Phil

Hey guys,

Centerline Wheels is blowing out some discontinued rims at incredibly low prices. They are selling a few sets of 16X7 inch Billet rims for $340 per set!. The rims are new and have the correct bolt pattern and offset (no spacers or adapters needed). The rim is called the Billet Spitfire.

Centerline "wheel deal page"

Awesome! I'm not a huge Centerline fan, either, but I have enough sets you'd think I was the spokesperson. :rolleyes: Man, I thought I got a good deal at $600! Check out the Tire Rack or discount tire direct for some shoes. I got my 205 55HR 16 Dunlop D60 for $58 apiece. IMO, 205 55 16 is the perfect size. Almost same height as stock and no clearance issues and you can rotate tires if you drive it much.

Thanks much Phil for the heads up! Im looking real hard at the 17" BILLET RHINOS. I'd love to see them photoshopped onto a 240...but Im guessing they would look sharp

808_RHINO.jpg

The LOTUS might look good also.

I want to do ZG flares with STOCK struts..I need to find out PRONTO what rim size and BS for the front and rear will fill the flares to the max without rubbing. ANYONE? I want the tires to fill the flares but NOT protrude or rub on compression

HELP!

Tim

You mentioned you needed to change the offset from 3.5 to 4" backspace. I was just wondering why when they mentioned those spitfires would fit 240/280z cars as they are(with the 3.5" offset)?

I've got a 280ZXT and really was interested in a 17" wheel. I was looking at the 17x8 Billet Rhino. It looks like it has the same 4-4.25/4.5" bolt pattern. Except it has a 5" offset> I would like to call tomarrow and see it they could do the same 4" offset as you were able to do.

But would a 8" rim be just to wide? I remember Dave Gremans new wheels are 17"-7.5" 40mm. offset but he is using the wheel adapters. What do you think? Can it be done with 8" (Cause really guys size does matter :D ! malebitchslap.gif ). Of am I gonna flub my dub?

Len,

I just fired off an email to them enquiring about the same thing smile.gif I like the Rhinos but I want something like 17x8" front and 17x9.5" rear for ZG flares.

I just need some of the resident gurus to tell me what will fit best.

Ill reply when I hear back from them with the info regarding custom Rhinos

Jason

Guest Anonymous

Okay.

I called Centerline Wheels and they said they can work out the backspacing with you. My question to you guys is, will a 17x8 inch rim fit on a 280z with a stock suspension? I really like those 17x8s they have in a 4-4.5. If you guys could let me know if they'll fit, I'd appreciate it.

Chris

Zero offset on an 8" wheel IS 4.5" On a 7" wheel it is 4". Because of the extra width, however, you may have to go 5" and run coilovers for clearance on the outside of the tire in front AND rear. IME, 7" wheel is all that will fit using stock suspension and maintaing a reasonable tire height. If you run a really short height (which won't happen with a 17" rim, you can get away with it.

Well i got a vague reply. Not worth repeating here. Sounds like they do NOT have any other sizes besides whats listed and they will NOT change BS unless they happen to have the parts in stock to do so.

Im with Chris on this one. WILL A 17X8" RIM FIT A STOCK 240Z WITH NO STRUT OR FENDER INTERFERENCE?

abd btw i thought zero offset meant the BS and FS were identical?? So wouldnt a 8" wide rim with zero offset have 4" off BS?

Thanks for the input Mike. Sounds like 17x7 with 4" backspacing is the safest wheel size. Without having them all available to try. After talking to other people I think a person would really be pushing it getting 17x8. I can't think of anyone who has with stock suspension no flairs. That's good enough for me.

Guest Big Phil

A 17X8 rim will fit a 240/260/280 with stock suspension. I just sold my HRE 3 piece rims (17X7 front & 17X8 rear) off my 78 280Z a few weeks ago. I had them for six years and never had any clearance issues. I believe the rears were "zero offset". I tried the 17X8 on the front and they cleared (I was using a 205/50VR17 tire).

PS. Zero offset does mean equal space front a back. However a 8 inch rim is actually wider than 8 inches because they don't include the lip width in the measurement.

Phil

I'm glad you posted. I happily stand corrected. Looks like you used narrower tires instead of going 225's or even 235's for that matter. Did you drive with those 17x8 installed on front. Did you have any problems of them rubbing on hard cornering?

Len

Like Big Phil said, 8" rim is measured between the mounting rings. 8" rim is really 9" wide if you measure outside to outside so the center is 4.5" from the outside of the inner rim where backspacing is measured. Which extrapolates if you notice that the zero offset 7" wheel has 4" backspacing.

Guest Anonymous

I had 17x8 Centerlnes on my previous V-8 Z, a 77 280 with stock suspension no flares. I am pretty sure it was a 4.5" b/s with a 235/40zr/17 tire all the way around. Drove that car for 2 years with no clearance problems.