HybridZ

Am i the fastest 1/4 mile stock T3 S30 here?

Jersey

You could talk to Jeffp about his, I think it might be available soon if not already.

He set up the CAS yesterday, and is bugging me about availibility to go to the dyno in the coming month...

But my wife's car would work nice with his box as well...:burnout:

Oh, and on the 3" DP and Exhaust, regardless of what size the outlet of the turbine is stock, JeffP showed 20HP from the addition of the 3" exhaust and DP on his otherwise stock T3 (long ago, but documented on his webpage).

I can't believe you are running 12.004 and don't already have a 3" system on there!

Not that what I say matters but I would keep it together and save up for the parts. No use tearing it apart just to let it sit waiting for funds. I know it's sucked having mine down the last year for the swap ... lost a whole race season. After all you are 'suffering' with a 12.0 car!

Cameron

That's a good point Cameron. I wish I had something to autox in for the last 5 years.

I had to break down and take the daily driver SVT Focus to the last race of the season to get a least a bit of a fix in for the year. A one front wheel wonder is no comparison to the full slick beast though ...

I am with Justin and his "blood out of stone" comment. You have nothing to prove to yourself or anyone else. Dont take the car apart, just put a better turbo on it and be amazed. My buddy ran a 71 240Z with NA block/P90 head, SDS, Spearco FMIC, T3/T04, my DP/3" exhaust, 3.54 open diff, 225 street tires and with 22psi on pump gas (not recommended), he went 11.7 @ 119. With better tires, a little race gas and a more aggressive tune (timing), it would have been quicker.

Tony - My exhaust is 3", just the downpipe is 2.5".

If i pulled the motor, i'd do the small things that i have on hand to it, then drop it all back in, no real down time. It only takes me about 2hrs to pull the L and tranny together and heck, the toughest part of it all is the 4 driveshaft nuts/bolts! lol.

I was also thinking the engine bay could be cleaned up a bit since it's been about 3-4 years since i redid the rails and painted it all.

Thanks for the suggestion Scottie. I think i'm going to look into the Nistune hardware/software that Bernardd suggested to see what i can get out of this "basic" setup. I really think 11's with the little T3 are doable. As i said earlier, i think once i hit 11's, i'd like to concentrate on building the Z toward being open track worthy. I'm not sure what L/turbo combo would be more ideal for that but i guess i'll figure that out then. I do know that a good chunk of change will be needed for suspension upgrades so... i'm sure the wife is hoping i never break the 12 sec 1/4. lol.

Again, thanks guys for the props and suggestions.