HybridZ

what do you guys think

I'm shopping around for my LS 1 swap. I have not been able to find a 00-02 engine 6 sp tranny combo with good miles at affair price. I have come across two engines about 100 mile away from. one is an 02 with 12k miles for $4200

with is 60 miles away. The other is an 00 with 42k miles for $3500. Both engine's are Auto. I really want a 6 sp. tranny. I though of buying the 02, and than sell the auto tranny and buy a 6 sp. how when I add up my estimate it would me more costly to go this way than if I could find a low miles engine six speed combo.

I did speak to a guy Buffalo ,N. Y that claims to have 12k mile 02 ss motor and tranny combo wiring computer for $4650. shipped to me. The only thing is I' not sure I can TRUST HIM.

So these are the choices I am looking at

1 buy the one from N. Y ---------------------------------------$4650

JCI KIT ------------------------------------------------------ $1690

computer reprogram and stand alone wiring-----------------$500

TOTAL EST. $6840

2. buy the 12k miles 02 that's 60 miles away $4200

B. find a six speed tranny $1500

JCI KIT-----------------------------------------$1690

computer reprogram and stand alone wiring---------$500

Clutch kit-----------------------------------------$450

TOTAL EST. $8340

tranny sale $1000

total est. $7340

3 Buy the 42k miles engine -----------------------------------$3500

B. find a six speed tranny ------------- $1500

JCI KIT-----------------------------------------------------$1690

computer reprogram and stand alone wiring---------------------$500

Clutch kit-----------------------------------------------------$450

TOTAL EST. $7640

tranny sale $1000

TOTAL EST. $6640

Sell the auto tranny and re cope some on my investments, I thought to move it fast I sell it for $1000.00

If I was going to buy the NY combo deal ID fly out or drive over and inspect everything FIRST and then if it was ok,if I didn,t have my personal truck,Id rent a small truck with room and drive it home. yeah it may cost more but your far less likely to get scammed, and when paying that much you can,t afford to get screwed

Sell the auto tranny and re cope some on my investments, I thought to move it fast I sell it for $1000.00

You'll never get that for a 4l60e...maybe 500 for a used one.

Also get the guy in NYs phone numbers, address and maybe even his drivers license#....maybe pay through paypal so you can get your money back through your credit card company if you have a problem... also say you will pay some now and some after you recieve everything as promised:icon14:.

edit just look on ebay...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Trans-Am-Camaro-LS1-Engine-w-Manual-T56-Trans-47k_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQihZ010QQitemZ200189498315

This place has an excellent rep for selling LS motors

http://stores.ebay.com/Fparts_Engines_LS1-LS6-LS2-Engines_W0QQfsubZ2

They have an 02 LS1 with manual trans for a buy it now of $4700.

You can also contact them directly. They only sell a fraction of their inventory on ebay.

BTW, add at least 2-3 thousand more to all of your swap estimates.

OK guy's I found a wracked 00- camaro 43k miles that I can get for $4000 for the whole car shipping is $600. Or I can buy a complete pull out engine 47k miles tranny wiring and computer for $4750 shipped. What do you guy's think would be a better deal. I'm leaning toward the whole car as I can part it out and get some money back. My only concers is it seams that the 02 is more disarible as to having the LS2 heads. Is the LS2 heads really worth me not buing the whole car?

I would like to thank all of you for your advise, asecially Z48LT for the link to the post by gvincet about parting out a car. After reading that post I have decided to buy my package deal and call it a day. Not only the post convenst me that parting was not for me, but what really sealed the deal was when I looked at gvincent pic's http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=15517&cat=500&ppuser=13564

in his gallery and saw that the engine comes out the bottom of the car. I don't have that kind off time as it looks to be a lot of work. Time that I could spend getting my car back on the road.

i can get you a complete LQ4 (cast iron 6.0) for $1500 or so with harness and computer. and im indiana. just go out and buy a T56 for $1500 and save yourself money and get a better motor.

you wont be using hardly anything on the F body. just fuel tank, motor and trans and you can get all that stuff cheaper if you just piece it together.

pm me if you are interested in getting an LQ4