HybridZ

R.I.P.S street 240z runs 9.065, 8s await..........

RIPSNZ

Well, ain't that a peach? I've seen the RIPS vids on the tube now, commented on a few, but now interesting to know you're an avid HybridZ member.

And yeah, the Stealth Bomber... I love how it sounds like a modular small-block open long tube header at about 7000rpms. That has to be my dream project!

Keep on melting face.

-Willens McShred

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Been on the dyno again today and found some more good gains, we are now making more power at 4psi less boost than we had on the 9.06/9.07 no nos runs.

We'll set it back to the same boost and be adding a NOS shot adjustable between 75 and 240hp for the meet comming up.

Been driving it on the street and f*%k me, its a handfull, almost no steering with any more than 1/2 throttle :mrgreen: excellent!!

Rob

So are you kinda like burt monroe? :D

"The worlds fastest Indian"

Lol, I am a little bit I suppose, there's lots of people kind of like him in NZ, we just love it when people say 'It can't be done" or "your wasting your time" or "you can't do that with those parts!!" Bullshit, just watch me!!!!:mrgreen:

Quick update:

Had another quick play on the dyno with a small shot of NOS to wake the turbo up and we just can't stop it wheelspinning from 7500rpm.

At 28psi we managed to register just 890whp by 7500rpm :cry: piss me off as we know its probably around 1000whp at 8500rpm but the tyres turn to goo after 1 run.

We are around 20% up on power from the 9.0 runs so fingers crossed we get a hard launch, some traction and it runs straight,

Rob

rips240z890whpdynosheetsb9.jpg

You can see the news clip here

http://www.tv3.co.nz/VideoBrowseAll/NationalVideo/tabid/309/articleID/44400/cat/41/Default.aspx#video

Big weekend for motorsport here in Auckland (well last week here in NZ was the A1GP so been busy motorsport all over), there was this large drag meet (just out side if Auckland at Meremere), then the Tasman series of classic racing with the F5000 cars (and a number of zed at in the support races ;) and over 400 racecar in the meeting - lets say pit space was a problem) again just outside of Auckland in Pukekohe then there was motorcross in the Woodhill forest too :shock: