HybridZ

Need another Favor from someone who lives in TX

jnjdragracing

I found a engine componet that I want to buy. The deal is set but the person I am buying from does not have a checking acct. or paypal acct. etc. With the way the scams are now a days I was wondering if a member of this board lives close to marble Falls TX? I need it checked out, possible can paypal them the funds to pay for it and have the member of this board to ship it to me, it is shippable by ups. I will pay you for your time / gas.

Please give me a call at 803.600.1754 before 6:00pm eastern time or at 803.951.3257 after 6:00pm.

Thanks John....

Well we fianlly came to some what of an aggreement, I western unioned transfer funds to them for half of the amount plus shipping. They said they would ship it and email me a tracking number tonight.

Not how I wanted it to go, but it was a good deal on the part and I could not pass it up. Hopefully they are honest people. I guess I will find out real soon.

Thanks for the help guy's......

PS: Still might need help going bounty hunting for me....:eek:

John

The part is a Intercooler for my 6-71 supercahrger called a superchiller. They run around $1800.00 new and are intended for marine use, but you can use this for dragracing. You just set them up like the turbo guy's do with a water / ice tank and pump cold water through it. They are suppose to lower the intake charge tempature. You know boost = heat which leads to detonation which = loss of horsepower. They state it is usually a 30% gain on HP.

Plus it was a good deal, I just hope it come through.

After the DNI shootout in March. I plan on selling my complete setup - minus the supercharger. I plan on keeping it but will sell my Carbs, fuel system complete with fuel pumps, regualtor's and braided fuel line, blower scoop, NOS fogger system, intercooler, linkage etc as a whole kit.

Then I plan on switching to alky using Mechanical fuel injection with a birdcatcher hat etc. This engine will go into another Z project we have.

John

The part is a Intercooler for my 6-71 supercahrger called a superchiller. They run around $1800.00 new and are intended for marine use, but you can use this for dragracing. You just set them up like the turbo guy's do with a water / ice tank and pump cold water through it. They are suppose to lower the intake charge tempature. You know boost = heat which leads to detonation which = loss of horsepower. They state it is usually a 30% gain on HP.

After the DNI shootout in March. I plan on selling my complete setup - minus the supercharger. I plan on keeping it but will sell my Carbs, fuel system complete with fuel pumps, regualtor's and braided fuel line, blower scoop, NOS fogger system, intercooler, linkage etc as a whole kit.

Then I plan on switching to alky using Mechanical fuel injection with a birdcatcher hat etc. This engine will go into another Z project we have.

John

So I was checking out your site but didn't see any times or how you did in Pinks all out?

CRAP!! I didn't catch this thread in time - PM me next time. I can still go over there to check it out if you'd like, but it sounds like you already have everything under control. Well, tomorrow night I'm going to the Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular, but after that I'm free if you need anything. Sorry man!

John

w/a intercoolers work amazing!!! On my brother-in-laws f1r procharged monte he lowered his inlet temps from 425 to under 100!!!! Both of those temps are at peak boost, but it sure does go through the ice...2 bags/run. haha.

Thanks, but it is owns it way 30lbs of something. Hope it is not bricks I will find out Monday.

CRAP!! I didn't catch this thread in time - PM me next time. I can still go over there to check it out if you'd like, but it sounds like you already have everything under control. Well, tomorrow night I'm going to the Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular, but after that I'm free if you need anything. Sorry man!

Well the intercooler came in. Guess what? Brought it to the machine shop to have it pressure tested and the inter core is leaking. Well I called them with the findings wanting my money back, probably will not hear back from them. They surely will not get the rest of the money owed by me.

Just goes to show you, can't trust people anymore. The guy said he had it pressure tested, yeah right. It just dosen't develop a leak from shipping, not the way it was packaged.

Word from the wise now, do not trust people anymore.

John

PS: a new core is $800.00 dollars.

What makes it even worse for me, it really is not the loss of money, money can be replaced. But it was from another drag racer, he races boats but damn I thought drag racers kinda look out for each other. That is what hurts the most.

Maybe I can find a good radiator shop that can fix the core, it looks like a heater core kinda. I will disasemble tomorrow night. Thought I would give the guy a chance to redeem himself.

Thanks for the offer, he did not return my call lastnight, but he did send me an email stating I was trying to pull a fast one on him. He said he had it pressure tested at a boat shop and it was fine. Well I can not figure how the core could get a leak from shipping.

I told him I would gladly return it for a full refund minus shipping. But I want the money back 1st.

John

If you have his address I can pay him a visit if you'd like...maybe it will spook him?

Well he emailed me back and said he contacted UPS and they will be sending someone to pick it up for inspection.

Problem: I am not sure I am going to release it. I paid for the insurance / shipping in adavance. No way in hell is he going to get the insurance money and intercooler back and I get stuck.

Has anyone ever gone through this with UPS before? How does it work. If they find fault in shipping or not, does the package come back to me?

John