HybridZ

Static fuel pressure for 720cc injectors?

big-phil

How about *first guy with huge injectors on a stock engine* award for Phil?

How does the car idle with those HUGE injectors?

It idles great!! I was so worried. I can keep it in the high 13's, low 14's AFR's. 20lbs of boost is about 60% duty cycle at 11.5(ish) AFR. I'm going to tune for 25 or so lbs of boost then go to the dyno and see want she's putting down. If it blows, I'm going with forged pistons

Phil, Ill report back what I find. I have had 2 sets of venom injectors on my motor. First set idled TERRIBLE. I blamed everything except the injectors, I had a bad unit right out of the box.

They were awesome about swapping the full set though.

My current set is out at Deatchwerks getting flow tested to make sure they flow what they should. Ill let you know what happens. You don't wanna try putting down big HP when your injectors aren't all fully functional!

Ill keep you updated. I mailed them two days ago.

Evan

Is it like 38 or 42.5psi? I've looked all over the net but can't find anything.

All injector flow ratings (that I know of at least) are rated at 3 bar (43.5psi) of static pressure. You can run the injectors at lower pressure if you like, but they will flow correspondingly less. Flow varies with the square root of pressure, so at 36psi those injectors will flow ~650cc.

Didn't I tell you they'd be ok? :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...