HybridZ

Need options on 17x10.5 and 17x9 wheels.

I am looking for some 17x10.5 adn 17x9 wheels for my tt car. I need about a 5 3/4 backspacing on the 10.5 and a 5 on the 9, atleast from my calculations. I will be running ZG flares. I am having a hard time finding off the shelf units, without going custom (expensive) I will be running a 315/35 and a 275/40 tire. I do not mind using used wheels either. Please correct me if I am wrong on my calculations. Obviously I am using coilovers as well.

if you are using the az car struts and brakes, i can give you my rim specs. i have 17x9 in the front +15 offset and in the rear i have 17x10's with a +35 offset. on the rear i did have to put a 1/4" spacer but other than that they fit good. they are the same rims as cliftons. got them from vivid racing in mesa, had to order but they could get them. cost was 220 a piece.

jimbo

Yea I would run 5 zigens, BUT all you guys are runnng them here in AZ, and I dont want to be a copy cat, haha. THese are on my 75 twin turbo fairlady. Yea I have been watching RB motoring for awhile now, BUT I do not like the looks of alot of them, and If I do like the looks, they are really expensive.

1 fast z,

I would like to know if that type of wheel will fit also. I am going with the AZC 5-lug brakes ( no coil-overs ). There are a few mustang and replica wheel websites that sell the FR 500 wheels and the prices are sometimes better than the ebay price. Also, the offsets/ backspaces are different with each vendor.

Please post your specs if you do go in this direction.

Thanks,

The azc stuff has a different wheel mount to wheel mount than Bryan's 5 lug. Might not matter if there is plenty of fender clearance though. Azc is 1/4" narrower in the front and I think 1" wider in the rear, per corner.

Bryan. I figured out what I needed by adding the extra width to what I had at the time (the wheels on you n/a car) and figuring out the new offset.

Guest 280ZForce
I am looking for some 17x10.5 adn 17x9 wheels for my tt car. I need about a 5 3/4 backspacing on the 10.5 and a 5 on the 9, atleast from my calculations. I will be running ZG flares. I am having a hard time finding off the shelf units, without going custom (expensive) I will be running a 315/35 and a 275/40 tire. I do not mind using used wheels either. Please correct me if I am wrong on my calculations. Obviously I am using coilovers as well.

I'm running 17x9.5 (5.25" backspace/0 offset)(275/40 tire) and 17x10.5 (5.5" backspace/-6 offset)(315/35 tire) and I'll tell you right now normal ZGs will not clear properly in the rear. I'm actually gonna need like 3mm spacers on the rear so the tire clears the coil adjuster, possibly the same on the front.

I've gone to a wider rear ZG that gives another 1.5" of flare over a normal one. It's a very rare ZG that I was extremely lucky to get ahold of.

To give you an idea here are some pics of the suspension compressed front and back w/ my setup.

Ignore the dirtyness of my Z... it's been a jackstand racer for sometime now and has been going through a lot of changes.

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7895.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

If you're interested in a set of rear flares like mine, I've made a mold and working on perfecting it and making a set for me and a friend 1st, then I can make anyone else a set for a price TBD. I'll make a thread when I'm ready.

Guest 280ZForce
280zforce,

Do you have the wider one in the front as well?

I have a friend with no internet access building a TT LS1 car thats been looking for that exact flare.

I could give you his contact info as I'm sure he'd be interested in a set.

Mario

The front flares that go with these are actually smaller than normal front ZGs.

How close is your tire and wheel (rear) to the STRUT tube, not the adjuster nut. Also, what size spring are you running, 8"? Clifton fits a 275 tire under stock rear quaters, others run this as well. The zg flares SHOULD give another 2" of clearence, and that is more than the difference in the width of the tires. Correct me if I am wrong.

Guest 280ZForce
How close is your tire and wheel (rear) to the STRUT tube, not the adjuster nut. Also, what size spring are you running, 8"? Clifton fits a 275 tire under stock rear quaters, others run this as well. The zg flares SHOULD give another 2" of clearence, and that is more than the difference in the width of the tires. Correct me if I am wrong.

The adjuster nut just barely touches the tire... but it's far enough away from the strut tube.

This is w/ the camber set all the way outward (when strut is most vertical).

IMG_7757.jpg

8" springs, I'm using the Ground Control coilovers w/ sectioned struts and tokico HTS shocks.

Clifton and others run that size tire w/ big + offset and good size spacers I believe. I was trying to give you more along the specs you were shooting for.

The actual ZG clearance is deceiving because of how they mount onto the curves of the Z, the top portion of the flare gets set in more cuz of the body lines, thus not providing as much clearance as assumed. So 2" more clearance on standard ZG can vary slightly depending on where 1 mounts it.

Here's a normal ZG vs. wider version ZG...

Picture2.png