HybridZ

375HP Hyundai?

rudypoochris

found an article

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/04/hyundai-releases-more-details-about-genesis-including-logo/

At the pinnacle of the Genesis motoring experience is the all-new Tau V-8 engine which will deliver 375 horsepower to the rear wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission. Hyundai's silk-smooth V-6 Lambda engines will also be offered in 3.3- and 3.8-liter editions. Hyundai pledges excellence at every step of the Genesis ownership experience from purchase to delivery and after-sales service.
Yeah, that's freaking insane.

and some info on the coupe via Wikipedia

The Genesis Coupe will have two available engines, the base model engine will be a 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder producing 220 hp and 218 ft*lbs torque[10] with an optional 3.8L Lambda Azera engine modified to produce in excess of 300 hp and 250ft*lbs torque [11]. Transmissions will be either a 6 speed automatic or 6 speed manual. Its wheelbase will be 111 inches, with an overall length of 183.7", width of 74.9", height of 54.5". It will have a Limited slip differential for improved handling. Brakes will be twin piston Brembo, with 13.4" rotors in the front and 13" in the rear. Wheels will be 20" five-spoke wrapped in Dunlop 255/35 tires in front and 275/35 in the rear

Guest TeamNissan

This is from Wiki....

"The Tau is Hyundai Motor Company's newest V8 engine, replacing the Omega. It is reported to deliver an estimated 375 horsepower (280 kW) and 326 ft·lbf (442 N·m) of torque -- on premium unleaded fuel -- at 4.6 L (280.7 cu in). News reports also suggest the engine might be produced in 5.0 L (305.1 cu in) and 5.5 L (335.6 cu in), with superchargers added to the latter engine."

If the 4.6 is putting down those kinds of numbers I really can't wait to see what numbers the 5.5SC is going to pull.

Its a hyundai too, I don't think we will have to wait too long before these engines start showing up at quite reasonable prices esp compared to existing engine choices with the same base output.

I read about the Genesis over the summer and Hyundai is really pulling out all the stops for this one. Their goal is to compete with Mercedes-Benz and other luxury car makes. I looks really nice and 375HP is no small claim but I don't know if people will be willing to give up the name of a Mercedes or Jag or whatever to save a couple thousand. I think it is going to open up the luxury sedan to a whole new market.

the coupe is also supposed to be priced into the low 20k's ive heard... should be a nice car. if the 2.0 turbo is the same motor that is in 2001esk body style tiburon its a really stout motor... there are guys getting 400whp out of them on stock bottom ends... my friend has one but its not turbo but its not a bad motor at all. runs really smooth.