HybridZ

New 370z going to be released...finally

OlderThanMe

Wonder if it will have the same wheelbase as the G37 coupe. Either way, it should be lighter and more powerful than the current model.

Here's to hoping that the utility of the 240Z's hatch design will be reincarnated to the 370Z and not have that massive strut bar. Maybe the shorter wheelbase will help with that.

I wish they cut the crap and went with a v8 already. Unless they plan on making 4-5 liter v6 engines within the next 10 years (looks like its heading there), there really isn't any way to avoid going v8.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Look at Porsche, they have H6's that are perfectly sufficient for their design targets - handling, road racing, not 1/4'ing.

Nissan did build a 4.5 liter modified V8 350Z...The front end was stretched out a bit too. Looked a little odd though.

I bet Nissan is playing with V8 Z designs now... Probably a new 4 to 4.5 liter V8 engine design.

http://thegarageblog.com/garage/nismo-releases-v8-350z-for-super-gt-championships/

What is in motorsports occasionally makes it to the production level.

(too bad there was never a V8 280zx...)