HybridZ

pictures of scallops and flames

stony

Trying to figure out how im going to finish the Z.

Here is a pic of it how it looks now. Picture it with a standard z hood with no scoop.

qx6f0113_std.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

I dont want to paint the whole thing, The black parts of the car are really pretty nice. So im considering one of these new vehicle wrap things. The wrap will be as small as required to cover up the checkers.

Im thinking a carbon fiber hood with real flames or scallops starting at the front and going back far enough to cover the checkers. Anyone have any pictures of a car with similar designs? or any other ideas?

Hey anyone out there have a full car they could take some measurements. Dont have to be exact just trying to get some estimates on how much a wrap will cost. My front clip is not installed yet so i cant get accurate measurements. The picture below are the measurements needed.

I would appreciate the help

Thanks

Stony

Sizes1.jpg

After 4 years...the red car was pulled from the chassis shop unfinished. I bought the black car As a roller and I'm putting the red front clip and drivetrain from teh red car on the black car. The design... if i do it... will work the red front clip into the black shell and cover up the checkers somehow.... haven't figured that part out yet.

I'm also considering a pattern where it looks a red car is ripping out of a black car. You know where the black paint looks like it is being peeled back to expose the red underneath. We will see. I also need to get some prices on just a straight up red paint job

here's a vehicle wrap I designed with my current employer for the Integrated Automotive Group (look 'em up!).

We did the design only. The wrap is almost as much, or about 80% of the price of a standard factory colour paint job if it's high quality and form-fit to within 1/4 inch or so of all gaps and curves...

DSCF2598.JPG

It looks much better in person. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who has a Datsun 280z die-line though... but I know most high-quality wrap producers (not rap producers!) have a book or cd on file that they copy stuff from (actually.. that sounds a lot like rap producers too... :cool: )

• 2 weeks later...

OK here's an update.

My red doors from the unfinished 260 fit on the black 240 because well it’s not a 240 it’s a 260 :>

So now all that needs to be covered up is the rocker and a small bit right in front of the rear wheel.

That will be a lot easier then first thought. A small graphic that will match the red and black is what is going to happen. I will post pics when I get more ideas.