HybridZ

Clutch problems

cockerstar

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I don't have a voltmeter. I need to get one though because I've needed one a few times before.

What should I check after I get one?

HF usually has cheap DVM's for around $5. Cheap the voltage at the battery or straight off the alternator. Check it before you start it, when it's running and with the lights on. Even with all the acc on it shouldn't go below 12v. Rev it to 2k and check it also.

mmmm

the connections looked good, but I think I should go and double check them. I feel like an idiot for not having done that already!

I ordered a new alternator from autozone today. $99 with a $20 core so it will be $80 after I take the old one back.

Oh, I sure hope so too!

New PS lines are in store, but I'm okay driving her without for a little while.

To make things street legal I need a registration though :P

I got a chance to actually get under her and look and the rust of a lot worse that I was expecting it to be. I knew there was some, but it's way more that I anticipated :(

I have a full turbo set up for her, but I'm having second thoughts now after seeing the actual shape of the body.

I'm pretty sure that I have seen mull's car :)

He did an amazing job and that car should have been scrapped form the get go!

If I'm going to do anything extensive I think I might pick up an s30 or another s130 from california/arizona.

Used some electrical contact cleaner on the connections and found out that one of the wire connectors had rust off! Doh!

I went to take the nut off of the bolt to pull of the half of a connector that was on it and the whole thing snapped clean off with minimal force.

I need to get a soldering gun and then I'll just be soldering the cleaned up contacts back together. All I have is a iron right now and that definitely won't cut it.

Bled out the lines and now everything is running great as far as the clutch goes :)

At first it was just a solid jet of air!

Now I think I'm being killed by the notorious electrical problems s130's are known for. The car starts right up on a jump, but after about a second and a half after the cables are removed she dies. With a fresh battery out of my accord she runs for about ~7 minutes.

Consistent with a shot alternator?

Also, my right turn signal is always on now :S

I'm thinking that it is a side effect from low voltage making it to the system?

Check the ignition/accessory relay

Well, she runs strong with a fresh battery for awhile so I'm thinking that it's just low power.

I still haven't got a chance to solder a new connector on and then solder that connection to the post!

Way too much school stuff recently >.<

I feel ya bro, i still havent gotten around to body work, because of school and work.

So, got the alternator unbolted and everything today, but now it is stuck where it's at on top of some suspension piece. I think it's the stabilizer bar, but I could be wrong.

When I went to unbolt the last wire, the bat, that whole bolt snapped off to! I think I'll probably end up replacing the whole unit if I can't get those studs out and get them replaced with something else.

Shouldn't it just pull out?

My power steering lines are in the way >.<