HybridZ

Phoenix, LA, San Diego, Tucson...things to check out

Sparky

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be hitting up these areas and the places in between next week and am looking for some friendly advice on places to go, things to see. Naturally vintage car stuff would be cool, and some good live Jazz places (think Coltrane, Mingus, Rich, Davis, etc) would be extra primo good to see while im in LA. To break it down, my schedule goes like this:

Saturday night - Phoenix, AZ

Sunday night - Lompac, CA

Monday night - Lompac, CA

Tuesday night - Central LA, CA

Wednesday night - Manhattan Beach, Ca

Thursday night - La Jolla, CA

Friday night, Tuscon, AZ

The days are pretty much spoken for, but night time is all free, So if you can recommend car gatherings, live music joints, cool swanky bars or low key joints, and good places to eat (breakfast, lunch, dinner) that would be beyond helpful and much appreciated.

any Z meetings or what not going on those days?

There's quite a few of us HBZ'ers here in Tucson, I bet we could all get together with our Zs and grab something to eat when you're here. I'll point some of them to this thread to see what they think.

Sean

Agreed!!

Let's get together! What sounds good to you? Getting some Mexican? Something else? Doesn't really matter, any excuse to hang out and talk with fellow Z freaks is ok with me!!

Jon

Woh! lots of replies, this is shaping up to be one heck of a trip!

looks like I'll be going out to the Scottsdale show on Saturday the 1st...too bad I'll be in a rental Mini van! FWD burnouts!

I would be down with grabbing a few drinks and something to eat in Tucson while I'm there, I'm not 100% sure when I'm going to get into town but it might be late, maybe around 8pm. either way though it sounds great.

when I get my hotel information I will post it up so that maybe we can find something close, I might not have access to a car once I'm in Tucson.

Too bad that the San Diego Z meeting is on Tuesday, looks like I'm going to miss that one. :(

I would be down with grabbing a few drinks and something to eat in Tucson while I'm there, I'm not 100% sure when I'm going to get into town but it might be late, maybe around 8pm. either way though it sounds great.

when I get my hotel information I will post it up so that maybe we can find something close, I might not have access to a car once I'm in Tucson.

If your hotel isn't near anything good I'm sure one of us can swing by and pick you up. All of our Zs have the passenger seats still in them :cheers:

When you're in Manhattan, Naja's Place in the Redondo Beach Pier is a low key bar with 700+ beers available and great bar food. Maybe could get some South Bay Z's together for a refreshment on that Wednesday?

700+ ? your speaking my language now, I will mark that down in my little book.

A get together in the LA area is going be tricky, I still don't know exactly what my schedule is or where I will be, night time is the right time though. I hope something works out. I might end up staying further south of LA in the Irvine area on wednesday night....or I might end up sleeping in a van. ;)

If your hotel isn't near anything good I'm sure one of us can swing by and pick you up. All of our Zs have the passenger seats still in them :cheers:

that would be cool, considering that it seems I get more rides in other peoples Z cars than my own its only fitting.

If you are going to be in La Jolla before the sun goes down (able to go out that is) I would recomend that you have dinner and listen to music here http://www.clayslajolla.com/clays-lajolla.html (7955 La Jolla Shores Drive 11th FL atop Hotel La Jolla, La Jolla 858.551.3620) Do your best to be there before sunset so you can see the amazing view and watch an amazing sunset, they also have live jazz. If you would prefer something a little more low key (and Mexican food) try Alfonsos http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/places/alfonsos-la-jolla/.

Dragonfly

I will of course be joining you guys at Pavillions. Unfortunately, the Skyline will not be there. As of last Thursday it has been sold. In fact it is being picked up for transport to it's new owner in Utah today. Don't worry, I will only be without a toy for a couple of weeks. I have already purchased a new project and will pick it up next month. You guys are going to love it.

Brian