HybridZ

Those with 225f and 250r spring rates..HELP

Howdy all,

Just about to order my coil over springs for my 260 2+2. I have been looking at the above rates and was hoping those who have these spring rate could give me a bit of an idea how the car feels. My car has 275 rear wheels and 245 front on 17 inch rims, Tokico iluminas and a full cage. The cage does not go through to the front struts but picks up the rears. It will be used for fast road driving, club hill climbs and paved rally/targa racing. Im not looking for to much comfort but I dont want the car to skip across the road. The 2+2's in this part of the world seen to weigh in at about 1300kg- 2860 lb with slightly more weight in the rear. Forgot to add that its powered by a strong SBC so squat could be a issue. Would love to here your opinoins.

Cheers, Douglas

A couple years ago I drove my 75 year old dad around in my car with Illuminas and 200/250 springs and he didn't complain once. He was too busy telling me how comfortable the Recaros were. The struts have a lot to do with the ride quality. I ran the Illuminas on 1 on the street, then when I hit the track I'd crank them up to 4.

Thanks guys! I might bump it up a little. Perhaps 250f and 275 rear. I want it as stiff as I can get away with with out it skiping when I hit bumps mid corner. Shocks are obvoiusly going to play a big part but the tokicos are what I have at the moment.

Douglas