HybridZ

Remanufactured Z's

wrxand280z

I was reading in a book (I know amazing right) that in the late 90's Nissan bought several S30s and brought them back to orginial spec, i.e. paint hub caps everything completely overhauled. Then they sold them back to the public for 20-30k. Does anyone know of someone who bought them? I know this is Hybrid Z, but I know we have a couple of stock ones running around here.

I saw one at a show...it was no big deal. nicely done but I have seen a lot better by individuals. There were a number of parts that were unavailable so NISSAN just fit aftermarket parts on...like the seat belts.

I actually have a line for the interior door panel that I have been selling. Beautiful reproductions of the original 240Z pieces.

I have 4 sets left......$550 for the pair...delivered.

While I was doing my 510 thing at the time, I did have contacts with several guys involved with that program. It was pretty cool, but for that kind of money, I wouldn't want a "70s stocker", but a Y2K version. Skinny tires, hub caps and all that stuff. Entertaining, but not really what I consider fun to drive. Just my 2 cents, as I'm too performance oriented for most anything stock. (aside from a new Z06, 911 GT3 or the likes) ;)

Couple links on the subject:

http://www.geocities.com/z-car/rebuild.html

http://www.theautochannel.com/publications/magazines/sci/aug-sept-97/waywewere.frame

Saw one at the Los Angeles auto show back around 1998 or 1999. It was restored by a shop called Pierre’s. The sticker, if I recall correctly, was $29,900. The car was locked, on a platform and cordoned-off, like a concept car. It was not possible to see the interior, and the hood was closed. But the paint job was as good as a new car's.

There was also a Nissan dealership somewhere along the I-210 corridor in Pasadena or just east of Pasadena, that called itself a “Z storeâ€. Evidently there were only a handful of official “Z stores†around the country. They were taking orders for restored Z’s.