HybridZ

How can you differ a 280zx turbo and a 280zx N/A

Guest CaNaVaDeR

And the more obvious:

1) Says 280ZX_Turbo on the fenders emblems instead of 280ZX

2) It has an Turbo emblem on the rear hatch above the lights

3) The turbo will have a factory boost gage in the center pod

4) They came with 15" snowflake rims (I belive all turbo years came that way)

5) Has to be an '81-'83 and the '81's were all A/T

6) Only the Turbos in '81 had the Naca duct on the hood

My 83 2+2 had the snowflake/swatiska rims nbesheer is reffering too. All turbo cars indeed had them unless the owner changed them.

The boost guage in the console is the dead giveaway imo, though the car has to be standing still in order to see it. Also note that the turbo had a dual oil temp/pressure guage, the NA cars only read oil pressure.

The 81 turbos are EASY to spot since they have the naca hood duct and the earlier 79-81 rubber bumpers. The 81 will most likely also have the earlier tail lights, I think. I've seen the later tail lights on all year S130 cars so it's hard to know what was actually factory, what options where there, or how many people modified them.

The fact I see quite a few 79-81 cars with the later tail lights makes me think that when people cracked/broke them and brought them to the dealers nissan only had the later style, so they installed those as replacements. Just a guess though.

Oh yea, don't forget about the emblem on the center console, if that hadn't been mentioned yet.