HybridZ

Put some miles on the Z last night

wigenOut-S30

Well I got her back on the road Sunday.. went for a short drive. I found I was leaking coolent from the front of the block somewhere.. jacked her up.. finally found a small crack in the water pump.. took her off and noticed the smallest of cracks.. looks like a casting defect or something.. I must have cracked it when tightening everything up. So got a new water pump. threw her on.. went for a 60mile drive last night on the interstate over the bay way. It sure drives great.. no over heating issues, intake temps are awesome.. stopped at about 30 miles and I could actually touch my intake mani it was just barely warm!! I need to do some tuning Im getting around 13.6-14.0 AFRs for cruising. In boost I really need to work on it.. Hopefully with Rick on Saturday before DNI!..It sure feels good driving the Z again after 10 months of down time..

Hey Gabe,

Glad you got her running reliably. Did you thermocoat your exhaust manifold? Oh and if I have too I'll lend you my god-like tuning skills friday night if you want. Seriously when it comes to tuning megasquirts I'm better than average. Just FYI.

Now that sounds like a offer to good to refuse.... I'd jump on that!!