HybridZ

Took the Z to a reputable interior shop yesterday $$$!

BillZ260

I stoped by a recomended shop to get a quote on carpet, door panells and seat recovers and basically decided to do the Carpet and Doors myself. I may let him do my seats depending on what I find.

Carpet, he buys ACC's carpets and would charge me $400 labor to install, the carpet kit is about $300, YIKES!

Door Panells, I told him I just wanted simple door panells with Leather Strap pulls and he said $4-500...EACH! I bought an interior finishing book for 30 bucks...

Seats, If I buy the factory type slip on covers, he'll install the covers and new foam for 150 per seat, which didn't sound to bad, so if I don't find any seats I like used, I'll probably go this route.

I have a story about another guy that was there, but I'll post it in the Non-Tech forum later.

I went through that shock a couple years ago. Got one quote for $400 to pad and recover the stock 280Z seats and one from a guy that does work for Year One for $700! And that wasn't even leather!

I bought new seats.

I stoped by a recomended shop to get a quote on carpet, door panells and seat recovers and basically decided to do the Carpet and Doors myself. I may let him do my seats depending on what I find.

Carpet, he buys ACC's carpets and would charge me $400 labor to install, the carpet kit is about $300, YIKES!

Door Panells, I told him I just wanted simple door panells with Leather Strap pulls and he said $4-500...EACH! I bought an interior finishing book for 30 bucks...

Seats, If I buy the factory type slip on covers, he'll install the covers and new foam for 150 per seat, which didn't sound to bad, so if I don't find any seats I like used, I'll probably go this route.

I have a story about another guy that was there, but I'll post it in the Non-Tech forum later.

I ended up recovering my own... I couldn't write for 3 days, so rough on the hands.

PM sent, willing to sell mine if they get a good home.

That is what is so great about living where you can smell Tijuana Mexico in the morning...getting upholstery work done is so MUCH cheaper. I could get my seats done for about $60.00 to get both seats done if of course I supply the materials. Border town bennies.

That is what is so great about living where you can smell Tijuana Mexico in the morning...getting upholstery work done is so MUCH cheaper. I could get my seats done for about $60.00 to get both seats done if of course I supply the materials. Border town bennies.

Lol, that maybe worth the 8 hour drive from Lubbock... fun trip!