HybridZ

New Rear Brake Swap??????

I can't imagine how horrible the brake balance will be after installing these calipers. :eek: I don't see anything in their package that addresses this.

I would sooner use S12+8 calipers but I think even those would be way too much brake for even Wilwood fronts. A much smarter swap, IMO, would involve rear Z31 vented calipers or perhaps even Z32 rear calipers.

As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 kinds of easy, effective bolt on setups:

1.) Stock brakes w/ good fluid and Porterfield pads and shoes

2.) Z31 rotors, S12+8 vented front, 240SX rear calipers, good fluid, Porterfield pads

3.) Racing brake kits like Wilwoods, Cobra brakes, etc.

The AZC is well put together and a good value, so if I required more brake than what the Z31 vented setup could provide, I'd just go for their Wilwood kit.

Only way you can even that brake balance out is with the prop valve and the 4x1.75" front setup. Even then, I don't know. Out of all the available calipers out there, that is probably the last I would look for since it is very heavy, costs the E-brake function, and has too much piston area for stock fronts.