HybridZ

Got my new holset today!!!!

jeffer949

Yep got my new holset in the mail today its a HE351Cw off of a 05 dodge ram. with 45k on it. the guy just took it off for something bigger. it has very little shaft play up and down and zero shaft play in/out. Here are some pics of it next to my stock t3 to show how big it is.

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

Well im gonna take it apart tomorrow and try to start boring out the wastegate hole. I might get lazy and just take it to the machine shop. i also ordered a new intercooler to go along with this.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO-INTERCOOLER-18x6x3-5-W-SAME-SIDE-INLET-AND-OUTLET_W0QQitemZ270222644650QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270222644650

should do alot better than my little starion intercooler. i think im going to upgrade my intercooler piping while im at it to probably 2.75 inch tubing. and who knows maybe a new BOV. OH ya BIGPHIL im coming for ya!!!! lol just kidding.

Yeah that was the first time i had seen a stock t3 next to a holset he351cw. and i was a little surprised by how much the holset dwarfs the t3. and yes it is a little baby but it kept my boost cravings occupied for a good half a year.. lol hopefully this holset with last a little longer till im craving more boost.

Absolutely!! i need to pick up those ZG flares from ya also. i might have a line on a 240sx dash in orlando also that i need to go look at. I am going to take my time on this install for once and make sure i have all the pieces to do it before i go at it. because my car runs right now for once and i hate waiting on parts when my car is apart. so it might be a couple weeks till i get her together. But when i do i really want to take her to OSW and see what she will do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man,

I'm not able to see the pictures myself (I'm deployed and DoD computers wont allow me to see the pics hosted on image hosting sites such as photobucket). But I just purchased an HE351 as well, and was curious what your going to do with the whole valve deal for the VGT setup. Are you just blocking that off? Leaving it in there? Or are you going to try to impliment that in some way?

Thanks!

Jason