HybridZ

Help LS1 No fun... for now

Well, I got everything in the car. Did all the wiring and tried to start up the engine. Well, It did start but as soon as it started it died. :( I have checked everything and I just don't know what to do. :( Can you guys please help me?

Well, you did not provide enough information to even try to help you IMO.

Sounds like the anti theft is kicking in. Did you have the PCM flashed? I and a few guys were able to start the car right up and have it running without the flash. Also provide the info that Mark ask for...we may be able to help you more.

Clive

Well, I got the engine from a 2002 trans-am. And, I got an after-market wiring harness. I have not had the computer flashed. I thought you were just able to plug it in and play. :ugg: Anyways, I wired it up and tried to start it. The engine will start, but it will die in a few seconds.

So, other than that, I think it could be the alternator voltage regulator. I plugged it in to the batery for a little while and it got hot. I talked to the guys down at Motorsport Technology Inc down here in Houston and they told me how to wire the alternator. But, I would think that the car would be able to run off the battery right?

If it is the anti-theft device should the engine turn over? I was a little frustrated and decided to walk away from the project for a while. So, that is kind of were I am. What else would you guys like to know? Let me know and I can provide you with the info. Thanks a lot guys!!! You have given me hope!

Who programmed the pcm? What is your fuel pressure? What fuel pump and regulator are you using?

The PCM has not been programed. My fuel pressure is good. I don't know the actual pressure, but the fuel line went from soft to rock-hard. The computer actually controls the fuel pump. I used the fuel pump that comes with the JCI kit.

The problem is that your PCM has not been reprogrammed. Chances are you have a few faults due to no O2 sensors, etc. and the car will not stay running.

AzizaZ had the exact same symptoms when his PCM was not reprogrammed.

The problem is that your PCM has not been reprogrammed. Chances are you have a few faults due to no O2 sensors, etc. and the car will not stay running.

AzizaZ had the exact same symptoms when his PCM was not reprogrammed.

It was an antitheft feature on the pcm. Forgot the gm term for it but it needs to be done or the car wont start.

I would try this link and seach around.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

You can also get your own software and turn the VATS off yourself. There are several compaies that sell it. It's not cheap, but if you plan on doing other things, like set your speedo, tire size, turn off the o2 sensors, torque, etc etc. It might be worth it.

Also on EBAY there were people doing it for about 50.00 plus shipping.

Thanks Matt. I remember reading Vin's comment about your problem and I thought it was the faults.

FYI, I've repaired my front end. I replaced the headlight bucket and painted it a close enough match to my car for now. I also put the stock valence back on and installed a CF Bre spook. The car looks better with the Spook than it did with the Kaminari.

Is there anything special that they have to do to the computer. I just told the guys at Motorsport technology inc to erase vats. Well, I got home plugged it in and guess what.... Same crap... So, I dropped it off at their shop for the second time... I am getting kind of frustrated with them.

So is there any special programing that needs to go into the computer? Do you guys know? Could you let me know? I should have gone with Jess. That is what I get for being impatient...:mad:

Call JCI and get a reference from them. The guy they used to reflash my PCM did a great job. He took a '98 auto PCM and brought it up to 2002 T56 configuration, eliminated the VATS and some other inputs. I've had no trouble with it and the stock motor is putting out 390 HP.