HybridZ

I want my Z to sound like this!

Mauisnow13

I remember someone posting pictures of a mid-engine Z with a Maxima engine and transaxle. I think it also had a sort of 'lazy Susan' in the center that could drop down and allow the car to do 360's. I think it was posted on the non-tech board maybe 6 months ago.

Or maybe I'm just going crazy.

I believe someone has, or is in the process of. Ill try to remember.

Has anyone ever ran a MR setup on a Z?

I remember someone posting pictures of a mid-engine Z with a Maxima engine and transaxle. I think it also had a sort of 'lazy Susan' in the center that could drop down and allow the car to do 360's. I think it was posted on the non-tech board maybe 6 months ago.

Yup, been done just as The Woj said. VG30 using the maxima tranny. Swap looked pretty sweet.

I don't think it's wise to consider a swap as radical as the pantera though. Just look at how wide and long that back section is, and look at how the cab sit more ontop of the front wheels.

The overall cal just isn't laid out well enough for it. A small motor maybe, a huge V8... I'd consider that more stupid than cool. Just seems like a waste to me. I'd rather see someone fallow in the footsteps of the DuRocco (twin engine scirocco), but fitting an engine transverse in the front might be a bit hard, and require just as much work as putting a transaxle in the rear.

I hope he warmed that thing up before revving it like that.:weird:

You are right sir! I saw that Z at a local car show we have every sunday about 5 minutes away from my house about 6 months ago. It had a 3.5L maxima engine mounted in the trunk with that thing in the middle that lifted it off the ground and allowed the car to swivel. When I get my Z back up and running and start going to those meet-ups I'll keep an eye out, when I see him there I'll be sure to take loads of pictures. :eek:

sound like a good plan. I also have a local litlle car show meet at Dunkin Dougnuts, lucky for me there are no z cars at all so I'm the only one in my area to have a car like that....hmmm Its kinda lonely having a car like that and no one else does, won't be able to get tips or advice.