HybridZ

Guess what I blew-up?

big-phil

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just thinking how interesting Phils vid'z are going to be with all that power being channeled thru a non-lsd diffy..lol that should make some good watching right there! Im planning on Thursday cowtown meet... tell me where and when?? By the way Phil, if worst comes to worse, Ive got a diffy out of an 83' NA ZX sitting on the bench at work in Duncanville you can use.

O.K. here is the deal, while taking out the LSD rear the finned cover was loose. I did not use blue lock tight and it came loose, leaked that day while I was tunning, because there is nothing in the garage that shows leaking, and failed due to lack of fluid.

the input shaft bearing is toast, and the shaft itself is bent, probably because I tried to move the car when the shaft was smoking hot?

9618363162.jpg

9618363175.jpg

so I took the ring gear off the stock rear and put it on the LSD rear, then put the LSD center into the stock R200, boom LSD R200 again with 392 gears (I think thats what my stock one was??) and I think the 300z LSD was a 352?? anyway its all back together. it sucked putting it in on my drive way but thats what you do when your a turbo crazed Z guy.

O.K. here is the deal, while taking out the LSD rear the finned cover was loose. I did not use blue lock tight and it came loose, leaked that day while I was tunning, ...

Hey maybe that's why yours and Chris's tires were slipping on the dyno so much. :?:

Hey maybe that's why yours and Chris's tires were slipping on the dyno so much. :?:

There was no fluid on my floor where I park it the day of. And that was like week or 2 after the dyno, I think we were spinning because we have some HP woo hoo!!

• 3 weeks later...