HybridZ

US spec GT-R on the dyno

mannyvig

at my work we deal with Town Center Nissan, who is getting 4 GT-Rs...two are sold, the other two are showroom...

needless to say, in early July when they arrive, we get to be there at night when they come in :wink:

and they are selling them for WAY more than MSRP...all because of one thing: because they can, and people WILL pay

i forgot how much Lee told me they are going to put them out for, but its over or around 100k$

still havent seen one in person...they had a silver one at the Z nationals i think...

That and financing helps :P

You might want to double check with your dealer Manny. I was told that the release and production of this car will be in very limited numbers. If my memory serves me, it's 2000 or less to be brought to the USA per year, but don't qoute me... That will KILL the chances of these cars dropping... When I was negotiating with my local dealer I had them down to the lower $90s. I talked to a guy the other day who has one on hold at the same dealership for $97K OTD.

This car is the next Mark4 Supra, and you can pile it in with all the other "penis" cars, because when you get hat exclusive, the stereotypes will be assigned... :roll:

Mike

Well that could be either the diffence of the dyno type, or the gear used. Your car might have been able to do a pull in 3rd gear, where as this car might have been in 5th (which is an overdrive gear on the GTR I believe).

Agreed. It's probably a difference between dyno types. The video said they did the pull in 4th. I can only assume it's 1:1 but if it was overdriven that would also explain. I've always done my dyno pulls in 4th which is 1:1, not sure why people would use 3rd.

Not every dealership is getting these cars. The dealership has to buy a special tool kit(IIRC, somewhere around $20K for the kit), a special alignment rack, send at least one tech to school, one manager, one service writer, and some other things but I can't remember. That's the reason we are not getting any in. I know our 2 neighboring dealerships are getting 1 in each and those are sold to the owners. So I doubt those 2 are going for a penny over INVOICE!

We had one on order but found out that we needed to do all those special requirements and canceled it. We had to refund the guy that ordered it and told him to go to one of the other 2 dealerships near us. I was pissed to say the least! I have been looking forward to driving this car since it was first announced that it was going into production!

HP doesn't make every car go fast...suspension helps a ton! Ask the road racing guys if they would rather have 500HP or a fully adjustable suspension with great tires with only 250HP, I bet all of them pick the suspension! I'm sure it's underrated like every other GTR has been but you can't compare what Nissan's dyno says to what this dyno says! We all know that, only same dyno to same dyno comparison are allowed!!

Guy

Nissan is making a limited number of the cars, and I doubt that any 70 thousand dollar nissan will be "littering" the streets. Definitely wont be the next 350/g35, we are talking about cars half the cost.

Remember not everybody know about the hype behind the skyline, most of the people in the market for a car that expensive are older and not into the "JDM scene". I have a strange feeling these cars might be harder to sell then alot of people think. I would say the average guy looking to buy a 70K dollar car is in his 40-50's and would be looking at the vette instead....

This in know way shows my preference or opinion, its just the way I see it.

Guest 280ZForce

so i've been reading up on the new r35 skyline, and it seems that from the dealership rumors have it that they put the speed limiter at 112 mph, also that supposedly Nissan has gone above and beyond in technology to prevent anyone from modifying the car, any even minor mods WILL make it throw ECU error codes, also possibly put the ecu into shut down mode and that any mods done to the car WILL void warranty guaranteed and you have to sign a contract at purchase to agree to that.

Also, this super computer system is supposed to data log your driving so that Nissan can keep an eye on their prized possession, tracks your rpm, speed, distance, shifting history, and other pertinent info... similar to a plane's black box. So far it's been called the "impenetrable ecu."

Top name tuning shops such as Top Secret have been working hard and long hours on it trying to modify this car and hack into the cars extremely sophisticated and advanced super computer system but w/ not much to show for, actually nothing to show for.. So far they done a "Top Secret premium exhaust" and added an HKS EVC, which they have been extremely surprised hasn't forced the ECU into shut down mode yet. With these 2 mods they were able to dyno @ 525 whp @ 6,500 rpm. Everything under the bonnet still remains untouched.

112mph limiter is on the Japan only version. That limiter is not supposed to be on the US Spec cars. This has been discussed before.

I think Austin hit it on the head. I still think this car will be as rare as any mark4 supra, and at the markup, all the sudden you're getting into Viper/ZR-1/and other exotic new car price territory. It also will make some step back and see what used car prices in that category will get you in the line of a Ferrari or Lambo.

I've been hammered offline a few times because I've spoken up about my personal opinion of this car... Let me say this now... I APPLAUD Nissan for building this car and bringing it to market. I think it's great that they're raising the bar. But don't think that your'e gonna see a bunch of them in the hands of regular buyers. They're bringing this car to market at a very bad period in US economic times. I think they'll sit for a while, and the 1200-2000 (I've heard both numbers as "limited release numbers per year) that come over per year will still sell at a marked up premium. I want to see one in person before I further pass judgement on it, as the 350Z "finally" started to grow on me a couple years ago... I was gungho enough about the performance specs of the GT-R to seriously (Very seriously) spend an afternoon in a dealership with my checkbook bartering to buy onto the waitlist, so it's not like I "hate" the car. And anyone who'se seen any of my video or pics knows that it would be put to good use, just as my Datsuns, Vette and Porsche have been used...

A penis car to me, is one that sits as a garage queen and never gets used as intended. I don't think there's a car I've owned that qualifies.

Mike

The definition by urban dictionary;

penis car

Any flashy, expensive, and/or fast car that a man uses to make up for his small cock. Penis cars can also have big rims, big sound systems, expensive interier, and so on. Ferraris, Bugattis, Corvettes, PORSCHES, Dodge Vipers, Lamborghinis and Hummers are all penis cars. If you have a penis car, you should trade it in for a mid-size truck, but not a huge on as huge trucks are also penis cars. owners of penis cars are usually caught wearing tight jeans, white cowboy hats and American flag button down shirts.

:lmao:

Fortunately I don't have to live by "david's law" and can keep the car of my choosing. Isn't America a great place to live?

And you won't catch me in "tight jeans, white cowboy hats and American flag button down shirts." While you're stereotyping, David, Why not complete it with Gold chains and open shirts to flash fake chest hair? :roll:

Mike

penis car

Any flashy, expensive, and/or fast car that a man uses to make up for his small cock. Penis cars can also have big rims, big sound systems, expensive interier, and so on. Ferraris, Bugattis, Corvettes, PORSCHES, Dodge Vipers, Lamborghinis and Hummers are all penis cars. If you have a penis car, you should trade it in for a mid-size truck, but not a huge on as huge trucks are also penis cars. owners of penis cars are usually caught wearing tight jeans, white cowboy hats and American flag button down shirts.

One of the reasons the GT-R can handle such high cornering speeds is because of the rear mounted tranny. This helps even out the weight quite a bit. The Porsche 944's used this design and had perfect 50/50 weight distribution. They were also the #1 handling car in America.

I think this is one of the big reasons it can corner so well with it's weight.

penis car

David does own one diesel dually, a long bed 4 door diesel, and another one.......

haha just ribbin ya Dr. Hunt

This is the same for the C5 and C6 Corvette. Although it does help balance the weight out, it's still a lot of weight and I want to better understand how they made this nearly 3900# car do what it does. That's the most impressive piece of this Nissan puzzle.

Mike

One of the reasons the GT-R can handle such high cornering speeds is because of the rear mounted tranny. This helps even out the weight quite a bit. The Porsche 944's used this design and had perfect 50/50 weight distribution. They were also the #1 handling car in America.

I think this is one of the big reasons it can corner so well with it's weight.

David does own one diesel dually, a long bed 4 door diesel, and another one.......

haha just ribbin ya Dr. Hunt

Yea Sparks, I was gonna remind him that we both own the same truck, so he might want to rethink his qoute! :lmao:

He's probably sportin' spinners, chrome, and hydraulic ride adjustment, along with 8400# of AV gear in that Dodge Cummins! :lmao:

Mike