HybridZ

77 280z restoration project

shift00

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice deal you have goin so far its inspiring me to do the same to mine lol except the shaved door handles :P

Well thats good to hear man. its been quite the undertaking. so get started on your and let me know how it goes or if you need any help. thanks joe

thanks guy i really do appreciate everything that has been said about this car. the only bad thing i that i haven't been working on it in awhile, but i still I hope to have this thing paint by summer.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what i should do, or would look "cool" on the car?

• 9 months later...

No...they just made me wash it out a few times with water. I pretty sure that didn't help at all seeing how i could still smell gas, but whatever made them happy!

I have a question, what is that thing inside the fuel tank? Whatever it is, do you think i ruined it during the powder coating process?

So, after three year in the making I finally crank the motor over!! It didn't start and I had to stop, because it's valentines day and i don't think that my wife would appreciate it if I was out there all night. however just the fact that it was cranking over made me really happy!

It wouldn't start because the fuel pump wouldn't wind up. however i took it out and wired power and a ground to my battery and it worked. So i check the leads to the fuel pump and I have a power supply to the wire lead and a ground? What's the deal? Why won't it turn over with the stock wiring? Thanks guys, Joe.

It wouldn't start because the fuel pump wouldn't wind up. however i took it out and wired power and a ground to my battery and it worked. So i check the leads to the fuel pump and I have a power supply to the wire lead and a ground? What's the deal? Why won't it turn over with the stock wiring? Thanks guys, Joe.

Idea's?

I'm not sure if it was in 77 or 78 that they made it so the fuel pump relay wouldn't kick the fuel pump on unless it sensed oil pressure as a safety feature. I know that was the case on the 78 because my relay was intermittent and I ended up putting a relay without it, in its place..... reminds me that I still need to redo some of that wiring.

A search should be able to tell you what year specifically.

edit: Actually.. if there are two yellow wires coming of the oil pressure sender then it should be the same as mine. I believe the earlier models only had one wire coming off of the sender going to the gauge.

That engine bay is classy. Can't wait to see this car in paint. :2thumbs: