HybridZ

77 280z restoration project

shift00

what all do i have to do to get rid off my emisssions stuff? I broke the bpt vavle and i can't get a replacement for it so what do i do? is there a way to bypass the valve without having to take all the emission stuff of with it? Or just what do i have to do the get this thing running right? BTW i have a n47 intake manifold and a n42 head.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still need some more info what to take off as far as emissions stuff and how to do it. Im only running this car in the seasonal so i don't need to I/M my car. making all the emissions stuff usless. if i could get some help on this subject it would get the ball rolling on this car again. thanks joe.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow this build is awesome! Your car seemed to have been in similar shape as mine when you first started... Your thread has given me a lot of inspiration!

What have you done so far as rust. Did you weld in new panels or are you using mainly bondo/fiberglass as apparent in your pics?

Sorry I can't answer your emissions question...

HI,

What kind of 5 bolt wheel hubs do you use on your car at the front- and rear and which brake drums at the rear ?

Thanks, Wout van Aken.

for the front I got hubs off a 84 300zx turbo. In the rear all I did was that the stub axle and brake drums to a machine shop and had them redrill the pattern to 5/4.5.

Joe

Wow this build is awesome! Your car seemed to have been in similar shape as mine when you first started... Your thread has given me a lot of inspiration!

What have you done so far as rust. Did you weld in new panels or are you using mainly bondo/fiberglass as apparent in your pics?

Sorry I can't answer your emissions question...

Thank for the comment man...when you spend so much time on something you like to hear stuff like that. I had alot of surface rust issues on the car and for that all i did was bead blast it and through some osfo on it. The rear drivers side fender was ate up pretty bad so i had to cut it away and get a replacement panel for it. Yeah, i built the taillight panel up with fiberglass. Edited by shift00

• 2 weeks later...
Holy crap that looks really good man! I've never seen anybody weld the headlight buckets onto the frame. I can't wait to see how the finished product looks. Nice job on the quarters. Is that metal to metal filler that you used?

Thanks for the comment man forchunet. Im not sure what you are asking on the quarter panel... but what i did was crimp the edge of the existing panel and laid the replacement panel inside the crimp and tacked her down. After that it i just use plan ole' body filler.

what do you guys think about the little license plate slot? im have second thoughts about it.
What don't you like about it? You certainly shouldn't move it, if that's what you're implying. It looks AWFUL when people put it in the roll pan.

As for my opinion on it, I think the location is good, but the one thing that seems to be common for those that smooth out the rear is they don't give it any style, just flat. I think that was your goal, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it might look better if you were to add something - I don't know what - to it to give it some sort of shape. Personally, I don't much care for the flat look, but then again, I am pretty biased towards keeping the stock tail lights, and surrounds.