HybridZ

Polyurethane suspension bushings

While we're putting together my son's car, and swapping parts between cars, now is the time to put the poly kit in. Does anyone prefer one brand over another? Correct fit is most important, price is secondary. Thanks

Energy suspension is pretty much the industry standard. The only other company that I know of that sells polyurethane bushings is MSA, and it's overpriced. Everyone on this board pretty much uses energy suspension.

I'm pretty sure this is still the case, but the black poly bushings are graphite impregnated and wear better than the colored versions. I went black this go around and the red ones I took out looked pretty worn after only 20k miles or so on them. Just my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure this is still the case, but the black poly bushings are graphite impregnated and wear better than the colored versions. I went black this go around and the red ones I took out looked pretty worn after only 20k miles or so on them. Just my 2 cents.

DAMN I didn't know this! Whythe hek doesn't energy suspension mention it.

Note that there has been some concern over the years about rack movement with the bushings in the Energy Suspension (and possibly other) kits. Check this thread and others.

I think, this may be the reason my steering wheel shakes at over 60mph. I will confirm once I change tires and add sway bar. Thanks for that post!

Clive