HybridZ

Corrugated Split Loom

Anyone know where I can get black corregated split wire loom (prob 1") to do the wiring harness for my 260? I've been looking and the cheapest (nylon) I found was 43 cents a foot. Is nylon the best for automotive use. There is some cheaper stuff out there, but I'm not sure if the material would hold up. Polyethylene i believe is the cheaper stuff.

Anyone know where I can get black corregated split wire loom (prob 1") to do the wiring harness for my 260? I've been looking and the cheapest (nylon) I found was 43 cents a foot. Is nylon the best for automotive use. There is some cheaper stuff out there, but I'm not sure if the material would hold up. Polyethylene i believe is the cheaper stuff.

Most car audio installation shops have the stuff in stock. BBY and circuit have prepackaged loom. You will likely pay more there then if you head to a smaller shop.

Evan

Make sure you get the wire guide tool that helps you to zip wires into the loom.

Interested in this tool, I've been looming my harnesses for years and haven't seen a product like this, talked about it with someone for a few minutes once a long while ago.

It's also not that difficult to loom harnesses, using a couple different techniques.

One is to slide the loom on, from one end to the other, while holding the wire and guiding the loom on with a thumb in the split.

The other way is to place the loom on, without sliding it, folding the loom backwards with the split towards the wire (duh!), and then roll the loom onto the wire.

I know you found something, but have you ever seen this stuff

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=wire+heat+wrap&N=700+400081+115+302816&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

It is expensive, but I think it looks alot nicer than the plastic stuff.

yeah that does look pretty cool. very expensive, ur right.

Most of my MS-II harness runs past within 8" of my turbo compressor and I have no issues with "hot wires" or melting the loom. If your wires are melting you need to re-route or shield the heat source. I found that having a sheet of foil-backed fiberglass came in handy for making heat shields and wrapping anything that I didn't want too get hot. I spray some Super 77 sticky spray onto the glass matt and wrap it around stuff the needs shielding.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=THE%2D14110&N=700+115&autoview=sku