HybridZ

I <3 my Dremel.

capt_furious

Had a thought about doing it, but decided against it because there was no direct focus of airflow going into the carbs. By cutting it like that it seems that the air would just run over and under the filter and not as much would get into the carbs.

Had a thought about doing it, but decided against it because there was no direct focus of airflow going into the carbs. By cutting it like that it seems that the air would just run over and under the filter and not as much would get into the carbs.

I don't think it's any different than the filters that a lot of people put on triple webbers. I wonder if there is any difference with this setup. Loss of slight ram air effect vs. higher flow

Oh, there are purists here, they just keep quiet and shake their heads until something really bugs 'em. :mrgreen:

Not really much of a gain. The old butt dyno says it's pretty much a psychological gain. It gave me something to do on a Saturday morning and looks kinda neat. :icon45:

If it's louder, I can't hear it over the exhaust....I had the old British style open elements on the old motor, the reason I didn't re-use them on this one was because they didn't have velocity stacks. The stock air cleaner does(obviously), so I figured this was a good way to get an open element and still have velocity stacks without going out and buying them.