HybridZ

Junk yard adventure

Globerunner513

I'll tell you what 1000pd engine stand is straning from mine. Had to remove the the ac power steering, turbo and alternator to give it a break.

I'll let Globe post later about the details.

Globe you are the man finding two of these AND removeing THREE of them. Thankyou very much for your effort and converstion:)!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its official. Within a week, the 3 spokane HybridZ members now have a turbo motor in their hands!!:mrgreen: *gold star for teamwork?* hehe...

Went out and hung out with Woldson today at the junkyard. Went surprisingly smooth pulling the motor out. Haha...my 3rd motor I've helped pull in 5 days! awesome!!

And in true HybridZ form....the picture!

S7000243.jpg

I pulled the cover yesterday for Globe. I wil blast it this weekend and give it to him.

I really don't care if my car has the "turbo" on the cover. I now have 3 zx engines (only this one is a turbo, yea!). I will use the cover from my 82, my frist Z, seems just right.

ps. the turbo is seized, yet no damage to the veins.

No worries, I have 2 that I might use. THere is a place in town that can rebuild one if needed.

Right now I have alot to think about.

I'm going to the richmond yard, it's about 2 miles from my house.

Normally I go to the fairfield pnp because it's less than 5 miles from my work, so I can casually walk through the lot before heading home.

This weekend or early next week I'll be posting regarding my latest findings there. Shhh, it's a secret. (kinda being sarcastic here if you can't tell, since I don't think anyone is going to die from anticipation)

You guys are making me get that U-Pull itch.

I like walking around looking at every thing on the lot and thinking about how this part or that part would make my car better. I’m going this weekend just because.

Don’t care if I find something or not. I am going to get a fuse box though. Doesn’t matter what car I get if from. Just need to get all those red wires fused and organized. I have a bunch of dangling fuses hanging everywhere.

Digs280 was at the fairfield one yesterday and said there wasnt a single s30

I could have saved him the effort and told him that ;)

Fairfield has been scarce on S30 cares lately. Last time I saw any was before I bought my 75' and there were two, a 78' and 75'. Havn't seen a S30 there since (2 months+).

I'am going to post these comments here where their is high traffic and is related to this adventure.

I've really never need to use the search feature much due to the fact my zx is in good shape. I tell others to search because I been reading posts for 4years plus. (never signed up for over a year)

So now I have 4 or so hours in two seperated events into research and this is what I've come up with:

1 coverting p90a to solid lifters useing timeserts. Reason don't want to screw with lose of pressure and response. (no arugument please, not my point).

2 Cam in the hydrolic head has a different ramp and can eat it's self in a solid lifft application.

3 WaS not sure of the make of old stock cam I have (p79 or one out of a n47 head I had). Found that it is a p79 (F) cam.

4 p79 cam will give me better duration on exh and slight more lift on the intake for the turbo.

5 Combustion chamber is the same on my 82 p79 and the P90a but will flow better due to the square port ext. (this point may be aurgable, but it is where I'am putting my money on.) Plus no inserts on the ext that MAY fail, not saying they will.

6 Found c/r stuff but can't remember where but I intend to keep mine low as possible due to the fact I want to run meth w/o a intercooler, also ceramic coat, 2nd generation. (This is just what I want at this time, NOT saying its the best!!!!!!) PS my n47 head would of given me approx 9.75 c/r.

Now being familiar with the termanology if problaby made my searching eaasier but the site is for geared for those who have at least a rudamentral understanding of cars. THE SEARCH BUTTON WORKS FANTASTIC!!!

Did notice how many threads were of the same topic which was fine due to lttle piceses that were not in everyone. When I found this: http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/cam/index.htm I felt like I hit the jackpot!

Still looking for the timesert part #, and loved the viedo of BigPhil showing the conversion from hydro to solid, plus the new springs and keepers install.

So here is my point:

In what would of cost me untold amouts of trail and error, costing who knows how much money and patience I found in four hours on this site!

The amount of time triing to find this stuff..... don't want to even think about that!

So a big THANKYOU to the many lifetimes of hard work and reasearch that you all have contributed FREELY to the data base on HYBRIDZ! Yes I've not donated yet.

No b.s. I do realize especially now the value of such a condensed and consolidated data resource this site is, again THANKYOU! Peace.