HybridZ

New Fairlady, could't resist...56k No Way.

naviathan

Ok I did it. I posted a couple weeks ago about a Fairlady 280Z that I found in a local Yard Sale website. Well I bought the car tonight for $3000 plus my rusty old Fairlady. Which works out fine for me. He's taking my rust bucket off my hands to part out and giving me a break on a nice semi clean Fairlady. The only thing that strikes me as odd on the car is the P90 head. I haven't looked much further into it though to see what block was in there, but it's got some pep, so I doubt it's a turbo engine sans the turbo. Big plus! CRACK FREE DASH!!! And no it's not a cover. Anyhow, I know we're all visually oriented so, on with the pictures.

Fairlady1.jpg

Engine.jpg

Interior.jpg

Dash3.jpg

Anyone know what this says?

JapaneseSticker.jpg

OdometerNotice.jpg

Yeah this is really bad and it does transfer over...I'll deal with it later.

Rust.jpg

And the wife is about to pop!

Liss.jpg

Yes that was one of the big selling points was now I have a Z I can put the kid in and the wife. I love the color scheme and the crack free dash was just jaw dropping. I love it. Great car. Runs decent, but as we all know I can't leave well enough alone, so I'll be tuning it and maybe adding MS once my 81 is up again.

Yes I was just outside putting some NGK Copper cores in it because the Bosch Platinums the PO put in it were shot (of course). The engine really intrigues me now. It's a P90/F54 with optical dist, but NA everything else. Idle runs high, but I haven't been able to figure out why. I'm not overly familiar with the turbo style electronics. I know it doesn't have a standard idle control screw and all that, but I think it'll just take a bit of research to figure out. The Parking and Dash lights don't work, but I'm slowly working my way through the wiring to figure out why. Seems whoever put the stereo in it had no clue what proper wiring technique is. The spegetti mess of wires going one place and wires going no place shows me he had no clue what he was doing. Anyhow, it's going to take a bit of TLC and real Z knowledge to get back to right, but I think I can handle it.

The engine really intrigues me now. It's a P90/F54 with optical dist, but NA everything else.

Don't take my word for fact, but I think the JDM cars (and perhaps the Aussie and Euro cars as well?) never got the p79, or even n47. They just had the square port heads, n42 all the way up until the p90.

Nice find btw, looks great!

Nice car. Congrats on being home and the baby on the way. You have a beautiful wife.

Take as many video's as you can as the years go by. You will love looking back at them. The years will fly by now once the baby comes.