HybridZ

So i just took my 3.36 diff apart... turns out it's a 3.15 LSD equipped diff...

Slow_Old_Car

I was fairly suprised, did the reading and found it was a factory aftermarket nissan/nismo only option, then the LSD is there and in good shape.

I read up on it and i'm not really sure what to put it up for, mega rare ring and pinion setup already equipped with LSD.

Anyway, just looking for input from others before i decide what to do. I'd thought about building a car for the Texas mile where i imagine this diff would be pretty cool. Then again some guy w/ a V8 and a beefy trans could really fly with this too...

I was fairly suprised, did the reading and found it was a factory aftermarket nissan/nismo only option, then the LSD is there and in good shape.

I read up on it and i'm not really sure what to put it up for, mega rare ring and pinion setup already equipped with LSD.

Anyway, just looking for input from others before i decide what to do. I'd thought about building a car for the Texas mile where i imagine this diff would be pretty cool. Then again some guy w/ a V8 and a beefy trans could really fly with this too...

It's a good find. For what its worth, I'd trade a totally rebuilt, new bearings and such long nose R200 3:36 with 87 Turbo LSD and $200 boot for it. I think those are the longest gears made for the R200. There are a number of them around, but not for sale.

g

It's a good find. For what its worth, I'd trade a totally rebuilt, new bearings and such long nose R200 3:36 with 87 Turbo LSD and $200 boot for it. I think those are the longest gears made for the R200. There are a number of them around, but not for sale.

g

I'll keep that in mind. My research indicated the same, i wasn't into Z's when you could still go buy ring and pinion setups at the dealership, so i long thought the 3.36 was the mecca of perfect turbo gearing options.

But this thing... man... it could really help a turbo car stretch it's legs.

We'll see what happens though, i'm in need of cash so i'll probally end up w/ it on ebay. But i also thing i'd put a reserve on it that would have me not wanting to kick my own ass when it's over with, as i'm fairly certain this will be the only one of these i ever see in my life.

Good find! I just Ebayed a 3.36 R200 for $375. The market has definitely gone down for these things. I don't think you need to worry since it is so rare, but I would still put a reserve. I am definitely not selling my other 3.36 R200 right now. Not a good time it seems.

Next time don't use a reserve and just start the bidding at $1000. You had to pay for the reserve and then you posted it in the auction... that don't make no sense.

Just a mental safegaurd for me really. I wouldn't let it go for less than that. But i also have no clue what the market is on somthing this rare, so i took the hit on the reserve so that the lower starting bid will act as a litmus to show me how much interest there is in the part.

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if bidding goes over $1000 within 24 hours since i threw what the reserve was out in the open. Helps kinda weed out the folks who think they'll snipe in at $800 or somthing, doesn't waste my time or theres.

We'll see though, thank you for your input.

EBay pulled the listing cause of the word "not" in the title... so it's been relisted, altered, and on jmortensen's advice i changed things up.

It's now $750 without a reserve, 5 day listing (this means it ends Friday at 10:20pm central standard time), may the best man win.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200221956379

Yeah, my eyes are set on that R230 in the high 2's. With a 3.36 I can play with tire height to get a variety of gears, and then for the long course, the 2.9 setup can go in there for real long legs.

Somewhere a 3.08 falls to mind, but 3.15 works as well I suppose.

Yeah, my eyes are set on that R230 in the high 2's. With a 3.36 I can play with tire height to get a variety of gears, and then for the long course, the 2.9 setup can go in there for real long legs.

Somewhere a 3.08 falls to mind, but 3.15 works as well I suppose.

Yea i wrote the auction thinking about you and your salt flat stuff too... i imagine this diff would be the end all option for the R200 guys.

I haven't read a out the door price on the TTT R230 setup either, but i suspect the 3.15 would come out cheaper for those not requiring a 2.XX gearset to get the job done.

i guess i spaced out when i was retyping the listing for like the 5th time and somehow still ended up doing a 7 day listing. thats frustrating.

anyway, that means it will be ending Sunday the 10th, around 10pm central standard time.

currently there are 43 people watching the auction, so it should be an interesting ending i imagine. or it will drive you to drink, whatever.