HybridZ

L28E NA cam and header upgrade advice needed

ab0z

I want to so some mild upgrades to my stock motor, and I am considering going with the MSA cam (480/274) and MSA 3-2 headers and exhaust. I would be leaving everything else stock (intake, fuel system, etc.).

Will this cam actually improve performance with stock engine management?

If so, is there any data on using a cam of this grind (or similar) on a stock L28E motor that can help me know what power gains to expect?

Is this cam a good choice to go with this header?

Would the MSA 6-1 header be a better match for this cam?

Would this cam grind be considered streetable?

I did some searching around but didn't find much relating specifically to what I'm thinking about doing.

Thanks in advance if you can help, or if you can direct me to a thread that has the answers I seek!

What year is this car and engine? With a meaty cam (I forgot what lift and duration it was) and three into 2 my 82 zx screamed! I did a cold intake as well and 2 1/2 in. exhuast w/ a free flowing muffler. Now passing emissions, At idel no way on Gods green earth, crusing passed with flying colors.

She ran pig rich at idel, made my eyes burn a bit.

If I had known more about my car at the time I would have gotten a fuel air meter (wide band) and tinker with the AFM.

Search and you'll find lots of talk about stock FI and cams. I think there are a lot of us that feel the first three stages of MSA's cams are too tiny to bother with, but even the stage III starts to make the FI throw tantrums. Solution: different induction (whether that be EFI or carbs) and bigger camshaft, or stick with the stock cam and work around it and do your other upgrades.