HybridZ

LS1 w/ S480 Turbo...

get rid of that push on hose!

Dude's welds are too hot, try running less amps, get a bigger cup and toss some steel wool in there to slow the gas down.

take your time.. give the material time to cool down before moving the cup away.... are you post flowing?

other than that, looking cool.. cant wait to see how the rest of it pans out

Yeah thats my setup. Powder coater just called and said its ready to pick up. Going with all black ceramic to hide my crappy welds :icon45:

No intercooler and will be run on E85 so the intake charge should be cool enough but the plans down the road are for a air/water intercooler in the passenger seat area. That will come with the new motor I plan on starting on this winter. Right now its just a bone stock LS1 longblock and ran a 7.6 in the 1/8 with a crappy Edelbrock carb. New motor will be a LSX block, stock cubes, all forged so I can really crank up the boost. By the time its all said and done Im hoping for a mid 5 second streetable ride.

get rid of that push on hose!

Dude's welds are too hot, try running less amps, get a bigger cup and toss some steel wool in there to slow the gas down.

take your time.. give the material time to cool down before moving the cup away.... are you post flowing?

other than that, looking cool.. cant wait to see how the rest of it pans out

Good info, Im still a welding newb and only been welding for the past year or so and am self taught so I know Im still not doing a GREAT job but it gets the job done. This was my first attempt at welding any kind of tube and it was a real pain and took a lot of getting used to. The 5" downpipe was a lot easier than the smaller 3" and 1 3/4" primaries for sure. Its all Mig so I wasnt aware that I could post flow the welds though.

As for the push lok hose, Im a real big fan of the stuff in most cases. There are a few places that I wont even consider it, like tranny lines. But I do need to get rid of this Parker brand hose I have on there. I have heard stories of the stuff falling apart and causing issues. I got it at my local circle track place then noticed after I installed it, it wasnt NHRA compliant so Im replacing it with Aeroquip brand. Also going from a single -8 feed to a -10 feed and -10 return.