HybridZ

Cool Cars in my neighborhood

strotter

I was driving around my little neighborhood a couple of months ago, and for some reason had my little digital camera on the seat next to me. I got stopped behind a tractor-trailer pulling a u-turn in the middle of the street, coincidentally across from a grey Z (I believe it's a '70) I've admired many times on my way home, and on a whim took this picture of it.

Grey_Z.jpg

I had the passing thought at the time "This might be of interest to folks at Hybridz". But then I had another thought: "I know lots of interesting cars around here - I wonder if they're out?" So I pulled a u-ee myself, went down two blocks, and took this picture of a cool Corvair van I've seen many times.

Corvair.jpg

Another block over, this Dodge, which is a sight to behold rumbling down the street,

Dodge.jpg

And then a long way, over to my girl's father's neighbor's T-Bird.

Bird.jpg

He has a couple of them, and drives this one every day, so far as I can tell.

There were a couple other I knew of and wanted to get, but weren't out at the time.

Anybody else have any cool cars in their neighborhood?

I suppose "cool" is in the eye of the beholder, but here's a list from my neighborhood:

The neighbor across the street has a 55 Chevrolet, a 57 Chevrolet, and a BMW Z8.

My garage holds a 63 Studebaker Avanti and a 70 Porsche 914-6

There's a Rolls in the driveway and a Testa Rosa Corvette kit car in the garage at the house on the corner

An El Camino is a few doors down.

The usual mix of Jags and Mercedes old & new round out the rest of my block.

Just a typical SoCal neighborhood, I guess.

Dennis

1971 240Z Original Owner

I was driving around my little neighborhood a couple of months ago, and for some reason had my little digital camera on the seat next to me. I got stopped behind a tractor-trailer pulling a u-turn in the middle of the street, coincidentally across from a grey Z (I believe it's a '70) I've admired many times on my way home, and on a whim took this picture of it.

Grey_Z.jpg

Dodge.jpg

Anybody else have any cool cars in their neighborhood?

Any idea what motor is in the Charger?

As for my neighborhood, theres a guy across the street from me with an old hotrod, painted a dark red, don't know what motor, year, make, or model, although I suspect it's not a real one, but a replica instead. Someone a little bit down the street from me has this gorgeous, immaculate hotrod. It's a bright blue, with what I'm guessing is a small block chevy.

On the other end of town theres an Oldsmobile of some sort in need of a LOT of work, and also a restored-to-stock Buick. I don't know much about any of the cars, but have seen them many times.

Theres also a few nice mustangs, 2 STi's, and a modded WRX, but nothing else too special.

Almost forgot, my Dad has a 68 Charger R/T with a Hemi swapped in, and a 67 GMC truck with a 6V-53 Detroit Diesel swapped in.

I have a 53 Willys Jeep as well, but it's pretty rusty, so I don't think I'll bother posting pics unless requested.

Pics:

DSCF2607.jpg

DSCF1938.jpg

There is A guy down the street from my house with 6 immaculate 1956 corvettes. He has one in each color. All perfect looks like most of them have just rolled out of the show room. He said they are all restored to original. Ill try and get a few pics sometime if he will let me.

Wow, feel lucky that you have such nice cars to see on a daily basis. The nicest car that ever drives down my street is a daewoo hatchback with 18" chrome rims in the rear and stock 14" steelies w/chrome hubcaps in the front.

The other day a really nice (although primer) mr2 turbo t-bar opened up going down my street. Other than that I just get your typical focus', civics with fartcans, worktrucks, etc.

Around here it's terribly rural... think Safari's and Hiluxes with winches and 30+ inch M/T tyres, winches, ARB bars and Old Man Emu struts.

Theres a lot of old 40's, 30's and 20's classic cars drive past every so often when the top of the south Veteran and Classic car clubs have a rally. They leave Nelson and drive to the lake, passing our farm on the way.

• 3 weeks later...

It took me awhile to get around to it, but I got some pictures of a few of the local cars that I like. Bear in mind, this was just a walk around a few blocks and getting pictures of whatever happened to be around. I didn't go out looking at all.

*edit* WTF, hybridz isn't allowing me to link images from picasaweb. I've uploaded them as attachments, but can't link to them using img tags.

Anybody who's interested can check out the local cars I've snapped here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jesse.B.OBrien/LocalCars

photo#5191736633566563538

P1010052_thumb.JPG

P1010057_thumb.JPG

P1010060_thumb.JPG

P1010061_thumb.JPG

P1010062_thumb.JPG

P1010064_thumb.JPG

P1010065_thumb.JPG

P1010066_thumb.JPG