HybridZ

Bad a$$ 1UZ

That weight seems really low. Other guys have "complete" motor weights well over 400 pounds. That being said I've seen many weights around 380 pounds. Really wich someone had a standardized weight.... braap???

But looking at the cost, his weight had better be accurate.

These motors are killing me. They're so amazing but are beyond the reach of so many just because of lack of pioneering in the USA. Such a pitty.

interesting,

With the spec and rpm these engine are turning I would be hoping for 600 hp or more. The local circle track guys hrere are getting that power with standard bore and stroke with the engine converted to run four barrel carbs.

Douglas

interesting,

With the spec and rpm these engine are turning I would be hoping for 600 hp or more. The local circle track guys hrere are getting that power with standard bore and stroke with the engine converted to run four barrel carbs.

Douglas

If you check out the UZ head design it becomes clear pretty quickly why it doesn't make too much power ever. Its built to be very compact, not for performance.

The F in 1UZ-FE stands for narrow angled DOHC heads. The G in 2JZ-GE stands for performance wide angled DOHC heads. The F series heads just really aren't suited to breathing like their G counter parts.