HybridZ

1975 280Z parts car find

Wow!

That was fast :)

How much for the roof?

Or at least a chunk out of the top of it to patch my ugly sunroof?

I have a complete roof, I just cut off my parts Z this past weekend. Not sure what shipping from St. Louis would be.

If interested, I will post pictures...

terribly saddening about the loss, though.. flame me all you want, there's a part of me that dies with every 70's Z that gets rusted, crushed, crashed, or slashed into oblivion.

No flame from me. I feel the same way. When I got there Eric and Nick had already started cutting the roof off. When I looked closely at the shell I thought to myself, "you can't do this, you can't do this!". At that point though grinder had already been put to metal. It was just a matter of finishing the crime. The more we cut the more evidence there was of what a near-perfect example this one was. Even the battery tray was nearly perfect ( I made them cut it off to save it from the crusher).

I really couldn't say much, the car belonged to Eric. Keep in mind though, this is the same man who admitted to cutting up Mopars in his past that later examples of same would demand six and even seven figure price tags.

What can be said? The man obviously has poor judgment. :cuss::wink:

Door, Roof, Hood, Fenders, Air Conditioning are going on my 73.

Some of the parts are going on the red Fairlady. I'm sure the quarter panels will make some z owner happy since I always see those rusted out on some ones car every time a group of us get together. Now see the cars not gone it just now 4 or 5 cars now. P.S. Anyone need some SU have 3 Sets one is even a ZTherapy set.

Cutting it up was not something I looked forward to. If the DMV penalties and fees were not so outragious, I would have kept it.

Unfortunetly this Z would have ended up in Pick-n-Pull or some other wrecking yard. We took great care to remove the parts along with bagging the nuts and bolts plus labeling them. The only thing I cut quickly was one front brake line. We carefully removed the whole brake and fuel line assembly.

There have been multiple times I have gone into Pick-n-Pull and found nice looking Z's shredded by people destructively removing parts. They rip off good door panels and use metal cutting sheers on good doors just to get the door handle or lock out. People jump on hoods and roofs for no appearant reason. The list goes on and on.

I did not need the quarter panels, rear valence assemblies, or floor pans. We carefully cut them off so some one else could possibly use them. Most of it is now sitting in my back yard.

terribly saddening about the loss, though.. flame me all you want, there's a part of me that dies with every 70's Z that gets rusted, crushed, crashed, or slashed into oblivion.
No flame from me either, and I'll second that. I can't stand to see people destroy perfectly good Z cars...

Personally, I would have paid the back fees. An S30 in this condition is getting very, very hard to find these days. I have seen Z's in worse shape than this sell for much more than $400.00. Cutting up the Z, NOT a good idea IMHO!

Well, don't get me wrong.. I know sometimes it has to be. Ess muss sein! I helped my dad cut the 240Z that taught me how to actually WORK on these things into tiny bits for no REALLY good reason.. it needed salvaging, but it WAS salvagable. We didn't WANT to do it; but we had to. Hearing that the interior was already gutted made it easier :)

It still hurts like unadopted puppies though.:cry:

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...