HybridZ

new exhaust (: (pics)

83turbo280zx

apexi makes an awesome exhaust, ive had their N1 Single canister on my 240sx (KA24DE) for 3 years now.

is it loud?

yea its extremely loud @ higher rpms. but towards the low rpm ranges its a lot quieter than when i had open cat. probably because the noise isn't coming from underneath the drivers seat anymore, lol. but pretty soon im gonna knock all the ♥♥♥♥ out of the cat again and make a poor mans straight pipe, since im carb exempt in the great state of tejas, lol

rb26, I'd even go with 3 1/2 piping. Depending on how much you boost.

yea if i do the rb26 swap, im going to use a hks hi-power turboback muffler with 3.5" diameter piping. but for now 3" is plenty good, its amazing how much exhaust piping and less harsh bends will improve your car's pull. with the new 45 degree mandrel for the downpipe instead of a 90 degree, it pulls a lot harder, and i hit full boost @ 600 rpms lower

On the subject of exhaust. Anyone know of a company that sells 1 inlet 2 outlet mufflers in a horizontal layout, and sound decent? I like the symmetry look.

why would you use 1" piping? you're choking your car. the least it should be is 2, i'd go 2.5" minimum personally, you can find nice dynomax or flowmaster mufflers that have bigger piping if you're going for the OEM look

I don't think he's referring to 1" but rather 1 way in to the muffler and two port out on the muffler that look "stock." AK-Z, I believe HKS make them as I have them on mine, I'll take pix when I get the chance.

oh, haha yea its pretty late, so i mis-read that, my bad

Thats was the sytle of most old school japanese cars, with the muffler sideways. I can't think of any good mufflers though off the top of my head.

yea i see them alot in Z parts catalogs, they have pics of em the tips would have an angle to them so it would look proportional to the car

I'm sure that Apexi muffler sounds great, and I don't know If I'm the only one who thinks this but it just looks SO ricey! Sorry I hate to be negative but that muffler just sticks out like a sore thumb and is the first thing that catches the eye when you look at the car. Sorry!