HybridZ

Jazzpro Parts

jakeoster

Hey guys I'm in the process of obtaining an RB25 engine and trans from Jazzpro Parts in Texas. I just wanted to let all you guys know that if your considering doing business with them its a major pain in the ass. My engine has been in limbo for about a week now and every time i call them they cannot give me any information as regards to the shipping for one reason or another. For instance someone will tell you to call back in two hours and when you do the guy with the information has gone home and you have to call back the next day. I have not gotten my engine yet so I cannot let you guys know on the condition of it. Its extreme frustrating to do business with these guys and I would advise against it.

weeeeeeeeee.jpg

I have visited this place a couple of times. Its not easy to find. The first couple of times they were very nice and showed me around. The last time I was there, they acted more surpised that a walk up customer had come to their door. I was inquiring about an RB25. They imiadiatly demanded at least 50% of the price to even look at their motors. I told them that I wasen't going to buy anything with checking it out first. After a little prodding they informed me that they didn't keep their RB engines at that location. So I asked where I could see them. I was told that all their RB eingines are in their warehouse in Canada. They would ship it to me as soon as I paid for a least half. I left shortly there after.

Another thing, they quoted me one price over the phone, but when I showed up at their location the price had risen $700-900 depending if I wanted an R33 or R34. Needless to say I took them off my shopping list.

Good luck on your order. If it were me I would cancel it if all possible. Look under group buys on this site. Find the thread with Racer98, he'll give a good price.

Stay away from these guys! I placed an order with them for an RB26 and a month went by with no engine, no contact, nothing. Luckily I was able to dispute the charges on the credit card. I would recommend talking to Racer98 on this forum. I have heard nothing but good things about the engines people have received from him.

Brandon

Yeah i know what you guys are saying as regards to the lack of communication issue. I was not aware that they didnt store their RB engines at that location, thanks 260zshooter, when i called to order I asked them to check a few things on the engine and they went and "checked" which was a blatant lie. I did some research before i bought from these guys and I did not find anything negative. Apparently they are two faced and will screw some people over and some people are lucky and have nothing but good things to say. I cannot cancel the order through them but do you guys know if theres any other way? I used a credit card through paypal if that helps, however i do not know if they will help you.

weeeeeeeeee.jpg

I'm not even going to get into what happened with me and my engine yesterday, but i think you guys got it lucky, and i'm about to shoot something. And worst thing is... his business partner is on my side.

I hate dirty childish businessman. next one that tries ♥♥♥♥ on me is going to get a rude awakening. I could have bought a lot better similar units for he money I had put down and was not refunded because he had spent my money already buying cars and parts for himself.

Oh well... next person who does this won't be so lucky to have thwarted me.

I found out Saturday from another JDM dirstibutor in Dallas that is is possible that the engine may be stuck in customs. Reguardless, JazzPro is jerking you around by not giving you any assistance or striaght answers. I would check to see if you can reverse the charges on you credit card or with PayPal.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are going through. It happened to me many years ago on a RB engine. Never did get it or my money back. It was some guy named Aaron in Ocala Fl....and yes it was a "business" with a web site and so on. Now I dont by anything that is still on the boat!

Hope this doesnt happen to you!

BTW it sounds like these guys are not the actual exporter from Japan! There are a few Canadian importers of JDM engines out of Montreal and my guess is Jizzpro is just buying from them.

Good luck!!

I finally got a hold of them. What I was able to do was set up a dispute on PayPal and that sure got them. You can make a claim against them and PayPal will recover the money for you. I am guessing that they already had spent the money and they probably crapped their pants when they heard that so I got calls right away from several people in the company and they overnighted the engine and I just got it today. It has a damaged oxygen senor and the cooling fan has half the blades broke off but everything else looks to be in good shape. They do not import the engines a company in Canada does called "Osaka Japanese Auto Parts" you would probably be better off buying from them. If you guys buy from anyone be sure to use PayPal they really help you out. If that is what it takes to get your engine that you bought then i sure wouldn't recommend that any of you guys buy from JazzPro even if my engine turns out to be... (insert colorful metaphor here).

Thanks guys for your help and concern.

I finally got a hold of them. What I was able to do was set up a dispute on PayPal and that sure got them. You can make a claim against them and PayPal will recover the money for you. I am guessing that they already had spent the money and they probably crapped their pants when they heard that so I got calls right away from several people in the company and they overnighted the engine and I just got it today. It has a damaged oxygen senor and the cooling fan has half the blades broke off but everything else looks to be in good shape. They do not import the engines a company in Canada does called "Osaka Japanese Auto Parts" you would probably be better off buying from them. If you guys buy from anyone be sure to use PayPal they really help you out. If that is what it takes to get your engine that you bought then i sure wouldn't recommend that any of you guys buy from JazzPro even if my engine turns out to be... (insert colorful metaphor here).

Thanks guys for your help and concern.

Osaka JDM Motors is a company you do not want to deal with. Naturally, it looks like JazzPro got stiffed by them, and then they passed their "savings" onto you.

Still doesn't justify their actions.

Glad it's solved. Be sure to act swiftly with PayPal. There are plenty of sites that have a lot of bad stories about their policy, and people losing out on money.

:cuss:

Ok ill be sure to check the tab and the area around the water pump. I actually had to take it to a friends shop to get it unloaded. The idiots at UPS didn't send a truck with a lift on it so it was either me shell out 200 bucks for a new truck or get my friend to use his forklift. He had to get out of there pretty quick so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning in my truck. I haven't put the engine under a magnifying glass yet, just noted the broken fan etc. By the way what do you guys think of creating an RB specific guide on the best and worst places to buy them. I can start one up if you guys like the idea.

Well if they order the engines through Osaka and Osaka messes around and then Jazz messes around then the person that buys it gets to wait two times as long.

im concerned because osaka has a rep for bad engines. mainly because they do get their engines from crash victims. :cuss:

yeah i bought my RB 25 from Osaka and never again will do business with them. they lied about the shipping price and the intake manifold had a chunk missing out of it. its a good thing i was planning on tearing it down and doing a complete rebuild