HybridZ

How about some fun?

Z-Dreamer

Too bad, it's made to go only 50' high

Holset

She's pretty cute but someone should tell her it's "COAXIAL" not "COAXLE". :wink:

Maybe they do mean "coaxle," regarding two axles working together. I'm not sure that really makes sense, though.

This is scary too:

Question: Does the AirScooter auto-rotate?

Answer: The AirScooter is designed for the recreational sport flyer and as such does not auto-rotate. The AirScooter is designed for recreational flying at low altitude where even traditional helicopters have little benefit from auto-rotation. Design efforts have been done on a ballistic emergency chute for the AirScooter. To be included for future email updates on this issue click here to join our email list.

As long as the landscape is still covered with a web of powerlines, I can envision daily reports of low level flying mishaps, especially if sales volumes are spurred on by affordability. Designing & building the aircraft is the easy part. I think their use will be curtailed until safegaurds are in place. Sure looks like fun though. Forget the commute to work, put some floats on one and I'd take it fishing.

Appears to be a pretty cool little flyer and would certainly provide plenty of fun. However, as most people have difficulty just maintaining and controlling their car, I don't think this unit would be a good idea for these sort of people (general public)............it's an aircraft for gawds sake! And, with only an hour worth of fuel you'd better have your flight plan in order....if you know what I mean! All that said, I'd love to have one....anyone care to pony up the $50K???

Tom