HybridZ

Project 1Jz s30

Gritz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about going bold with my rim selction...a all black wheel...Im just not sure if these would look good on a pepper gun metal car color....Black rims with red strip, painted red brake calibers or gun metal color brake calibers...hummmmm what do you guys think...whos good at photo shop?

c79c_2_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking about going bold with my rim selction...a all black wheel...Im just not sure if these would look good on a pepper gun metal car color....Black rims with red strip, painted red brake calibers or gun metal color brake calibers...hummmmm what do you guys think...whos good at photo shop?

i'm no good with photoshop but i too have a wild style. black wheels are becoming more and more common, i always try to think ahead of the latest trend and do something really outrageous for the time. volk makes crazy colored wheels, you might want to check those out.

Thanks!! Im aiming for about 350-400whp So nothing to crazy..:wink:

So far the engine looks pretty good, although it did arrive with a broken tps housing..know where i can buy one? The oil looks very clean, spark plugs look pretty good, but i can tell it was running a little rich..Most of the sensors look brand new, coil packs the same...The harness look kinda ragged, but it is complete and uncut...The ECU looks fine, but i have not had a chance to open it up..The twins all spin freely with only minimum shaft play...This 1jz seems to be a second gen version because of the way the vent on the valve cover is designed, so it is a newer 1jz so thats all good....

Will prolly try to pull my l26 this weekend, and paint the engine bay...

I'm now trying to decide should i just pony up the money and buy the mounts i need of just make custom...I stared this project with the idea that i could do this swap for cheap..my budget was $3500-$4000 including the price of the car!!!! Now i know some of you may think that I'm crazy...but i am on my way...so far i have paid $600 for the car, and $2000 for the engine set..total of $2600 so that leaves me $1400 to get the 1jz in the car running good!!! Of course that is if everything goes as plan which rarely happens..:wink:

I believe in build to what the car is for...So i wont be spending money on fancy this and fancy that...I will imitate or maybe better stock design..for example a good piece of fuel line works fine as fuel line, don't need steal braided fuel line..lol...If i was building a track car then it would be diffrent...just clean stock form factor...

GO to betamotorsports.com and talk to john... he has a wonderful crossmemeber he hand makes for s30s to fit in 2jz/1jz motors. I just got mine and installed it SOOOOOO worth the 200bucks.

Hi how you modified the original engine chair to fix 1jz in this position. Because i have problem with fixing 2jz in my 280zx.The original oil pan of 2jz hit power staring. So I had changed the oil pan to be in front and removed stability bar but the radiator did not fit inside bay thefore i fixed it front, outside bay.

the current problem i face now is, hood is not closed because the engine is higher than the level of hood??

Any help.

Thanks

Dude..all those problems are because the mounts are wayyy too high...you should go to betamotorsports.com and talk to john (hes a hybrid z guy too) hes cross memeber eliminates allllll that..i just put on in my car last week and im very happy with his product.

GO to betamotorsports.com and talk to john... he has a wonderful crossmemeber he hand makes for s30s to fit in 2jz/1jz motors. I just got mine and installed it SOOOOOO worth the 200bucks.

crossmber already made, engine is in the car..fitment is very good...I agree John at betamotorsports seems to have quality custom parts, almost made me pull the trigger...but me and my brother decided to make our own...I have about $40 buck in my cross member..not counting our labor..:icon43:

I did my tranny mount just like that, but then I realized I have no exhaust clearance. I'm thinking or redoing.....

Looking good!

Hummmm, theres not to many ways you can do the tranny mount...i'll have to tackle that when i get to exhaust .....I do plan on lowering the car 1 1/2 to 2in so that could be a problem...

Very good job Gritz! Its coming together nice and quick too. Yah, I had the same problem with the tranny crossmember getting in the way of the exhaust, so I made I new one kinda like the one that RUSS made. Mine is not the prettiest thing but it is strong, braced and works. It gives pleny of room for exhaust.

trans003-1.jpg

trans006.jpg

You know what you are correct, i do want to get the car up and running as quick as possible..And no i didn't replace any bushings as of yet...But i do understand that this car is a project, so that means i have to stay focus on one thing at a time..i have seen to many project fail because people get so deep into everything else, that they never even get there car running...thats when you see people parting whole projects...

I agree take car of the hard to get areas while you can..Those bushings i can reach with the engine in the car...

Very good job Gritz! Its coming together nice and quick too. Yah, I had the same problem with the tranny crossmember getting in the way of the exhaust, so I made I new one kinda like the one that RUSS made. Mine is not the prettiest thing but it is strong, braced and works. It gives pleny of room for exhaust.

trans003-1.jpg

trans006.jpg

Hummm i see....this could be a problem...when i get to exhaust i'll see what i can come up with.. thanks for the pic:icon14: