HybridZ

Pictures of some sick turbo fabrication!

Wow Ivo, Looks like you guys are going full steam!! Evo's look amaizing.. Arnt yall getting a new GTR to play with as well? And how about shareing some pics of your Z!!!!! some progress pics or something. I think I read you are putting a 10 point in there and a chute?? heh nice!!

Gabe

Dont know what happend to the Gtr it has something to do with customer reselling it for some nice change! I have alredy taken hand full of pictures but I wont post anything until I have few more things done. We have sparco evo3 seat that I can actually fit in so I am going today to dummy fit the cage in and see if we can get seat to fit in there. I will however post little teaser picture when I get to shop later ; )

Yasin,

You got pm!

Is that all seamed tubing I see in that last photo?

I see that shadow that would make you think so but its not. Its just standard manderal bent mild steel piping.

Mull,

We can make header for pretty much anything only catch is that we need to have your vehicle with engine in it to make it right.

Mull,

We can make header for pretty much anything only catch is that we need to have your vehicle with engine in it to make it right.

Guess that's a good idea, but I have no intention of shipping my car back to

Chicago/IL unless it's done and I've decided to make a road trip in the US ;)

Crazy beautiful welds though. Made my mouth water. Great stuff! =)

Guess that's a good idea, but I have no intention of shipping my car back to

Chicago/IL unless it's done and I've decided to make a road trip in the US ;)

Crazy beautiful welds though. Made my mouth water. Great stuff! =)

I have a feeling shipping your car to the US would be less costly than the manifold!

What beautiful fab work.

Evan

Is that all seamed tubing I see in that last photo?

Looks like ERW to me. There appears to be an ERW line on each tube. Before you invest a lot of time installing that cage, be aware the SCCA, NASA, NHRA, and others now require DOM tubing. ERW is only grandfathered for cages certified before 2006 ro 2007 (don't remember which). Also, make sure you get the certifications from your tubing supplier in case the tech inspectors ask for them.

Looks like ERW to me. There appears to be an ERW line on each tube. Before you invest a lot of time installing that cage, be aware the SCCA, NASA, NHRA, and others now require DOM tubing. ERW is only grandfathered for cages certified before 2006 ro 2007 (don't remember which). Also, make sure you get the certifications from your tubing supplier in case the tech inspectors ask for them.

John,

Here is the link to the cage http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/942704K/10002/-1

It does not say if its erw or dom so I will most likely have to call them and find out. Thanks for heads up.

Ivo

That's ERW material which is ok for the most likely NHRA/IHRA classes you will run your car in. It will be an issue with SCCA and NASA except that you're installing a roll bar instead of a roll cage so inspection is not as stringent. You should be fine if you show up at an autocross or an open track event as long as you paint it.