HybridZ

Dyno Tuned the Z last night **UPDATE VIDEO ADDED**

wigenOut-S30

Well, This comes with Good results as well as bad.. First off let me say that working with Mike at TDC(Top Dead Center) was awesome!!.. :D ..Before I was about to make a run..Looked at my wideband and wouldn’t you know it... 14.8 and wouldn’t move.. Took it out cleaned it with brake cleaner.. seemed to do the trick but it was acting funny and didn’t want to trust it. So we put the Dyno's sniffer in there and used that as well. My first run was at 15psi and 10.9 AFR's . I put down 250rwhp and 300ft lbs of Tq. Started working on my High boost setting. boost was getting 20-21 spike and then the falling to 17-18psi. Starting my high boost tuning it was 11.0's across the board. I leaned it out a good bit and added a little bit of timing.. My final run was with 11.3's and 11.5's AFR ,Still kinda rich. This netted me 292RWHP and 356Tq. I was thinking it should be making a little more Hp then this but the Tq was looking nice. From what I hear mustang Dyno's show alittle lower on HP. Now comes the bad. I was trying to make my boost more stable by adjusting the gain setting on my controller. On my second attempt we hear what sounds like a pop and then a supercharger type wine. Shut down immediately and started investigating.. We found the issue. My turbo has crapped out.. Either the journal bearing ate through the shaft or my exhaust wheel either broke off or the fins came apart. SOOO upgrade time.. but it will be a while before I get a new turbo set up as they are not cheap heh. I should have a vid up soon. Thanks again to Tampa Mike over at TDC (Top Dead Center) for everything and I will be going back to him for retuning the car when I get a new setup!!!!

Here is a video I put togeather of a couple of the runs.

For more information about (Top Dead Center Located in Mobile AL) you can contact Mike Amerson at http://www.tampamike.org

This is a AWD Mustang Dyno

Good numbers Gabe! That torque is incredible. I am sure your car should be closer to a solid 330+whp car, with some tweaking of the AFR a bit and the boost holding steady. So what turbo were running and what will you replace it with? And just as a reminder this is Austin's old motor right?

Regards - Yasin

Yeah Yasin, this is Austins old motor.. It is working great by the way.. GO AUSTIN!!. heh.. The turbo is one I bought off a member here. It is a Nissan T3 with a stage 2 exhaust wheel and a I think 50 trim T4 wheel for the compressor. It is a stock Compressor housing that has been hogged out. So it looks exactly like a T3.

Funny, I made almost the exact same numbers with mine at ZCCA in 2005 with the same setup and boost.

265/300 with factory injection on a Dynapack Dyno.

I haven't rechecked with my MSII yet but I suspect I am near the low 300'sHP and 340-350torque based on my butt dyno, referenced to the way it was driving before the MSII and large injectors with a decent tune.

nice numbers Gabe. what ever happened to your old set up? i just got another z and after paint, if i have money left over, i was thinking i might do a swap. this is the dude that bought your front lip and flush bumper a while back btw.

nice numbers Gabe. what ever happened to your old set up? i just got another z and after paint, if i have money left over, i was thinking i might do a swap. this is the dude that bought your front lip and flush bumper a while back btw.

Oh hey man!! I sold the old motor to a local kid here. Post up some pics of your new Z!!

Guest silver280z

i am asking if u had problems with the higher boost with that morto with compresion being so high?

i am being told not to go over 12 boost or i will have problems.

i am asking if u had problems with the higher boost with that morto with compresion being so high?

i am being told not to go over 12 boost or i will have problems.

My compression is only 8.0:1. I have not had any problems running 19-21psi on pump gas other then my turbo falling off boost. what is your setup?

Brennan , Man your new Z looks awesome!! Looks like all you need is paint man!!

Hey Gabe.. can you send me your MS file??

Im interested at taking a look.. the AFR gauge was rock solid.. maybe I can learn something

Sure thing I will take a snapshot of it and post it. My AFR's were actually alittle richer then what the AEM gauge was showing.. but they were still as smooth.

Ok, back at work and got a chance to take a screen shot of my VE table

Here is the base VE table before the dyno session.

VE_table_before_dyno_run.JPG

This is what VE table I came up with after making the last dyno pull before my turbo died.

My_Dyno_VE_table.JPG

As yall can see I had to take quite a bit of fuel out and I was still running 11.3 AFR's