HybridZ

Picture request Jegs roll cage

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not worried about perfect fit since whole thing will be modified extensively to fit around me (6'2 260lbs) and it will be extended throught the firewall into the engine bay. I am really just looking for general pictures of cages installed.

As title said I am looking for some general pictures of Jegs cages. I got mine 10 point and I would just like to see some pictures of them instaled : )

I got the 8 point installed and modified. I will be painting it soon and I will post some pics then. PrOxLaMus is right, it does need a lot of work to fit, but I was planning a custom set up from the start.

I installed a Jegs 8 point and copied 240hoke, so pretty much all that was used was the main hoop the rest custom bent and notched. If I had to do it over again I would of bought a roll cage bender and did it myself.. A few pics just one more piece to notch and i'm finished.

bailey 007_thumb.jpg

IMG00022_thumb.jpg

IMG00030_thumb.jpg

I installed a Jegs 8 point and copied 240hoke, so pretty much all that was used was the main hoop the rest custom bent and notched. If I had to do it over again I would of bought a roll cage bender and did it myself.. A few pics just one more piece to notch and i'm finished.

Why bend it yourself? I am sure you will run into lots of issues trying to get the bends just right, etc. What is wrong with the Jeg's kit? Can't you simply buy a Pipe Notcher ($200; made in USA) and get it to fit Right? I mean, they say it requires custom trimming...

Nothing is wrong with it. It just requires work to make it look good. And after you make the bends, trust me you'll want to bend the door bars, you'll be thinking that was easy. I should of just bought the metal and bent it myself and have a tight fitting custom cage.if of course you have access to a good tube bender. The jegs hoop is a good fit but I feel I could of made it tighter. Just my opinion.

Oh, I see. My car has a cage in it (dunno whose it is), but I am 6'0" and use a boatload of leg room. Even with a moderately curved harness bar I still have it shoved up against it. I also like the idea of squeezing every last bit of space for myself. :-)

How do you guys get the welds above your head at the back edge of the glass without cutting a hole in the roof (like I've seen some do)? Or, do you not get it fully welded? Weld it somehow before you install it?

EDIT: On second thought, I may actually have a Jegs kit although it's got a few "accessory" bars done slightly different. The main hoop curves in from the bottom of the quarter glass to the floor which interferes with sliding my seat back farther. I am gonna be redoing frame rails and floorpans (to start with) this winter so I'll probably fab it myself, too. You are right. If the main hoop isn't as tight as it can be and the halo no longer matches a custom main hoop then you aren't left with any bent pieces... May as well do it yourself. Excellent point.

I am really happy with how mine turned out. As a novice weldor it was hard to weld all the way around I had to make some blind welds. But I think I did pretty darn good. My car was stripped with all the windows out. And I didn't have a notcher so I spent hours upon hours grinding notches. Not fun

I am really happy with how mine turned out. As a novice weldor it was hard to weld all the way around I had to make some blind welds. But I think I did pretty darn good. My car was stripped with all the windows out. And I didn't have a notcher so I spent hours upon hours grinding notches. Not fun

Moar piktures....