HybridZ

lets see your 240z-260z

I love that 260 2+2.

I've got mine posted on here a few other places, so I'll keep the photos to a minimum. First, a pic of it before restoration, then a few pics during resto-mod. It's not finished yet. Can't wait though. 1972 240Z. SR20. Many, many mods. Body is not modded at all though.

Zindriveway.jpg

guyreidsphotos203.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

IMG_0120-1.jpg

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that 260 2+2.

I've got mine posted on here a few other places, so I'll keep the photos to a minimum. First, a pic of it before restoration, then a few pics during resto-mod. It's not finished yet. Can't wait though. 1972 240Z. SR20. Many, many mods. Body is not modded at all though.

Zindriveway.jpg

guyreidsphotos203.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

IMG_0120-1.jpg

Ive been following your thread and wow, thats amazing work your doing there and love the colour!!!

Although its not the best looking, or best performing its mine! Here is my early 74 260z.

Your car looks nice. I will be even cleaner if you could align your hood ;)

I fought with mine for weeks until I found the solution: untight the 2x 2 bolts on the hood, with the hood opened, you in front of the car. Pull the top of the hood toward you while you're pushing (gently!) with your knee on the emblem (to rotate the hood clockwise if you look at your car from the passenger side), tighten back the 4 bolts => Hood aligned ;)

Your car looks nice. I will be even cleaner if you could align your hood ;)

I fought with mine for weeks until I found the solution: untight the 2x 2 bolts on the hood, with the hood opened, you in front of the car. Pull the top of the hood toward you while you're pushing (gently!) with your knee on the emblem (to rotate the hood clockwise if you look at your car from the passenger side), tighten back the 4 bolts => Hood aligned ;)

PERFECTLY said. Should be a sticky! It's amazing how many really nice cars don't have their hoods aligned on here and everywhere else... even at car shows.

PERFECTLY said. Should be a sticky! It's amazing how many really nice cars don't have their hoods aligned on here and everywhere else... even at car shows.

Thanks for your comment! I feel good :)

Lowrider,

Glad I have been helpful ;) Now you need to update your pictures!

If you find the solution for the gap let me know, I need to adjust too.

Thanks for your comment! I feel good :)

Lowrider,

Glad I have been helpful ;) Now you need to update your pictures!

If you find the solution for the gap let me know, I need to adjust too.

Maybe when its a little nicer out. Its freezing out so the Z is put up for now. I was thinking that i would have to use spacers to straighten the gap out. I guess ill see the next nice day we have.

lowrider,

I really like your Z. And I'm moving to Knoxville in 6 weeks or so. You should come to Cars and Coffee at European Auto Garage this Saturday. It's on Sherway, a bit behind Harper's Porsche. My 911 is there at their shop, and I'll either bring the A3 or LR3 (no biggie either way). There's always some amazing cars there, and it doesn't matter if they are Euro or not.

Take care,

Jared

Blakt Out:

Any word on whether or not your Z will be at the show the end of March? I'm heading to it the 20th weekend and then gonna go up to the Tail of the Dragon event on the way home. Won't have the Z but it'll be fun to visit both regardless.

lowrider,

I really like your Z. And I'm moving to Knoxville in 6 weeks or so. You should come to Cars and Coffee at European Auto Garage this Saturday. It's on Sherway, a bit behind Harper's Porsche. My 911 is there at their shop, and I'll either bring the A3 or LR3 (no biggie either way). There's always some amazing cars there, and it doesn't matter if they are Euro or not.

Take care,

Jared

Thank you!

I just might, didnt even know that they had a get together. Although i might not fit in too well with my little ole datsun and all those nice cars.

• 2 weeks later...
lowrider,

Take care,

Jared

Wish I'd known about this when I lived in knoxville! Might not have been around then though.

• 4 months later...

This is my 1972 240Z that I bought as the second owner in 1986. I started the rebuild about two years ago, starting with media blasting, molded headlight buckets to fenders, shaving the marker lights, nastalgic BBS magneisum race wheels, and 1900 watts of Polk MOMO sound system. The car was finished friday night prior to hauling it to the MSA show 2009. I will post some more pictures of the interior.

P1050097_thumb.JPG

624927070m_thumb.jpg

P1050095_thumb.JPG

P1004140_thumb.jpg

P1004151_thumb.jpg

Your car looks wonderful. Very nice. I just don't get the headlight covers that have the "obvious add-on" chrome strip around them, to be honest. They make sense, because they better the coefficient of drag, but I can't help realizing that they are total add-ons when they have that big metal strip. Just my opinion. Absolutely fantastic Z.