HybridZ

We are making wheels for the Skyline GTR

By the way, if you live in SoCal we are having an open house next Saturday (8-9-08) There will be tours and a car show from 10am untill 2pm. At our last event we had almost 150 exotic cars show up and the GTR is supposed to be there with our wheels installed.

2611 Commerce way suite D, Vista, California, 92081.

Stop by if you have time.

RE

nice... black is sexxxyyyy....

i read somewhere that in japan the tire pressure monitor would put the computer on the fritz if the wheels were changed. the magazine said most of the gt-r's at the tokyo auto salon had the wheels changed upon arrival at the show. any problems like that with the US version?

Thanks Calgary280ZT, I responded to your PM, BTW I'm not here to sell wheels, I work in the engineering/production department, I guess using my e-mail adress as my screen name was a little miss leading. I joined Hybrid after watching the forums for a few years, in my imediate familly we have had 11 Z's of different years, 4 240SXs, 2 maximas, 2 frontiers, an altima and a partridge in a pear tree. I also worked for a machine shop in the area where we built and dyno'd L-series motors for classic datsun, I actually started working there after bringing the E-31 that I had ported to Machine Tech to have the seats cut.

Anyhow we had our open house today with a decent turn out.

100_3106.jpg

Just wanted to know.

I have heard that because the new gtr can generate so much lateral G (using the word "generate" for lasck of a better word) that they had to develop special tires/wheels with a special lip on the rim so the tire doesn't come off when "generating" lateral Gs (source Top Gear).

did you guys addressed this?

I know it wouldn't be needed in for practical use, since the computers govern everything until its taken to a track.

just curious:D

It's not actually the lip, the wheels have a more pronounced bead hump and they are also knurled around the tire seat. So in short, yes. Our bead humps are machined to a similar spec and rather than knurled tire seats we use an abrasive non-slip coating around the tire area. This wheel style now has TUV aproval and our facility is TUV verified so it is now basicly a world wide accepted wheel, it's sort of like having a "DOT" stamp times 10.

RE