HybridZ

Anyone know who this is?

wigenOut-S30

At the end of the auction it states he ran a 10.35@131 in the 1/4 mile?? 57 trim turbo and stock L28ET?? donno about that something just doesnt add up on this one.... but looks like a bunch of nice engine and turbo goodies to throw into a S30 chassis though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-280zxt-S130-Datsun-nissan-280zx-turbo-l28et-race-car-modded_W0QQitemZ150278798400QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150278798400&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1318

I call BS MAYBE a 12.35 and then thats still booking. Especially with that being a 2+2 its way to heavy for that. I would think you would have to be in the 500hp range to make that time.

There was a guy selling a turbo motor in Port richey on here a while back look for him in the Classifieds.

I chatted a bit w/him via ebay. Don't think he's a member here, but I could be wrong. He couldn't find someone to tune it.

I suggested he get in contact w/ a member here to see if he could tune it. Sucks to go through all that time and money and then not be able to get it to run.

This is the second ebay run. I think the first ended around 2k?

He is in FL and couldnt find someone to tune it?? There are shops all over tampa.. shops all over orlando.. heck TITAN MOTORSPORTS heh.. not to mention all of our people here on hybridZ that knows tech.. like, Rick bowers, Scottie, Zgad.. just to name a few that are in FL.. I wouldnt mind seeing a time slip and a dynochart. To me it looks like the wole front end is taken apart as well. Like I said.. it looks like it could be a good transplant into a S30 or a clean S130..

IMO there's no way he's making enough power with a 57 trim hybrid to run anywhere close to a 10 (or 11) second 1/4 mile. A very good friend of mine has a 57 trim, .63 stage 3 turbine 3/4 hybrid and makes 275whp at 14 psi, I tuned his Accell DFI system and the car is quick, and a blast on the street, but 10 second quick? not even close. My friends car makes that power on a pretty conservative tune, and there's more power in his combo, but not more than another 60 - 75 whp or so, at least not with a stock engine on pump gas... although he's collecting the parts to build a new motor, including a ported head with the same cam I'm running, now that should spool that "little" 57 trim really well.

I just read the ad again and it says it's tuned now...

he also didn't mention it in the ad, but there's no way he ran very quick in the 1/4 with the 14x6" all season looking tires that are on the car now~!

what do I know, maybe he's got another set of wheels with some big slicks on, and a couple hundred horsepower worth of nitrous hidden somewhere.

I call BS. No way 10s with that setup. Bet he doesn't have a timeslip....

I think I actually talked to this guy about tuning a few days ago - I had taken a long time to get back to him and he had decided to sell in the meantime.

If he drives it to the track and owns slicks he might change back to his all seasons for the drive back.

The times seem sketchy though. There have been guys to make it into the 12's on the stock turbo, and 11's on the stock turbo longblock... but 10's?...

Maybe the track was downhill.

• Administrators

10.3 @ 131mph with an L-28 pushing ONLY 16 lbs boost, in a 2+2 ZX with semi trailing arms?

Oh, and don't forget it needs an ‘83 electronic dizzy but comes with the ’81 POINTS Dizzy?!?!!

Uh, yeah! Definitely throwing the...

BS_Flag_Product.jpg