HybridZ

Tt Sho 240z

JGSturbo

If you look in the link I have above it shows the WC T5 Trans will bolt up with aerostart bell housing and adapter plate. It also goes through the clutch set up. I sent him an email and he was very helpful.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any clearance issues with the crank pulley? do you have any pics of the mounts? are you mounting the engine with the original mounting locations directly aligned with the existing crossmember mount locations? I'm actually in the process of the same swap. Motor will be in the machine shop next week, trans is on the garage floor, and the car is waiting patiently..

I just checked hood clearance, with a 1/2" spacer under the intake I have 3/8 min clearance (modeling clay). the pan is getting kick outs on each side.

Shifter will be easy to make work retaining stock location.

I flipped the rear surge tank over and it clears the stock hood latch :shock:

I'm going to mod a 350 CM flywheel for the SHO pattern and hub size.

Its coming along nicely, no downsides yet.

When you get 1/2" of hood clearance on the SHO you have about 1-1/2" of clearance between the pan and the ground. The SHO is one tall engine. I fabed my intake spacers out of 3/8" phenolic laminate.

I will be following your build, have fun.

Correct, I already lopped 1.5" off a spare pan and added large kickouts on each side of the sump....I'll do some kind of baffle or swinging door setup to keep slosh down.

Amazing that hunk of a 6spd fits in there with reasonable clearance. :twisted:

Nice work.... I've got a '91 SHO and would love to have one in a Z... or even my wagon :D

I thought it was a little on the heavy side... doesn't it have an iron block???

That was my only downside to the SHO engine vs a VQ30. But the SHO intake is so purty :)

There's no advantage for this swap (vs. VQ), just happened to have all the parts laying around... I like the iron block, good for boost.

Not to mention the SHO has a completely different tone compared to the VQ.

Oh well, its not like dropping a iron head 305 SBC... I'm sure the weight will be worth the power.

Doing my budget corvette (gm anyhow) brakes and finishing the trans crossmember.... big vented rotors and twin piston aluminum calipers.

I could do 12.75" rotors but they might not fit behind 16" wheels (going to run 16x8 sport max panasport esk wheels).

shoz_thumb.jpg

shoz 024_thumb.jpg

shoz 023_thumb.jpg