HybridZ

Custom Aluminum 2000GT

rturbo 930

I have seen Jack's car, and can attest what he shows in the photos posted here are only the tip of the iceberg.

That car was a SoCal car that was shipped to the NL from my back yard, and I am continually amazed at what the progress has been from that humble starting point.

I owe him photos of it from my back yard, so he can show how far it 'really has come'! I am remiss in my dutues. Maybe now that my archive drive is at work, I'll have some time to comb through it and find those shots!

I love the foreshadowing of hte English Wheel in the foreground! LOL

I am planning front fenders, hood and roof panel from aluminum.

zagato_style_16_.JPG

I had also door skins in mind, but when i fabricated the quart of the front fender that matches with the door, i figured out that it is too difficult to build a door. I am still in a learning process and the aluminum "patch panels" that i already made are the first bigger parts.

zagato_style_19_.JPG

My biggest problem at this time is to make a mirror image from left and right with the same shape.

And for the roof panel i first made a zagato style doubble bubble from the original roof with a welded lower part, but when i put the car on the road for a better view, it was not the shape that i had in mind. At that monent I made the decision that the roof had to be reshaped, this time in aluminum.

zagato_style_11_.JPG

To build all panels from aluminum can be someones dream, but you have to do what you can..........

I think this project is big enough, first finish my panels and body, then the rest.

It can take a while before i have new pics, when I am working on the project, I can not be on hybridz.

Ps thank you Tony for looking after the pics.

Greetings from Holland

Honestly, I would be deathly afraid of driving a first gen Z made of all aluminum. I would be afraid the body or something else would sag in half :P.

Great work BTW. I take it you have an english wheel, or some insane skills with an mallet :P.

Its going to be a PITA welding that fender together though :P

• 2 weeks later...
Why start from scratch?

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u30616349

And if you're curious, pop it in here to get a somewhat english idea of what's going on:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=ja&tl=en#[

Ick...that's the equivalent of an out-of-proportion kit Ferrari. Still looks like a Z, just with all the 2000GT styling cues tacked on.

man the front end of that 2000gt/S30 is HIDEOUS

the back looks really nice though.

is that the car equivalent of a "butterface" lmao

drive up from behind "dang, that's a nice car"

then as you pass by "DANG that's an UGLY car"

I don't think it's THAT bad imo....I'd take it! lol