HybridZ

Suicide or Lambo doors?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those disapearing doors are pretty smooth, but imagine getting in and out of that car in heavy rain. the passenger compartment would become a swimming pool, and that car sits pretty high to allow the doors to roll underneath it. cool idea though, just not very practical.

i agree with everything stated already, just because you CAN do something, doesnt mean you SHOULD do it. yeah i could swap a yugo motor into my 280, but should i... probably not. will it make you different, yeah probably a little but its alot like painting your car in a rainbow paint scheme, probably not going to assosciate your car with a group of individuals that you want to be connected with... i.e. ricers.

280ZX with T-Tops would be a great candidate for a gull wing conversion.

I agree Completely, gull wing is possible and I would love to see one but it wouldn't look as suhweet as a 240z with gullwing doors:shock:. As far as suicide doors (I'm not sure about lambo suicide doors) they would look horrible. Have you seen the door on a Z (of coarse you have) It's a coupe so suicide doors would look goofey but be functional.:?

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I have been thinking about :gasp: lambo doors. Not the cheap ricer style, more full 90 degree that slide forward before you open them. The doors are so long on the s130 that finding a spot that my rather large self can open the door enough to get out is nearly impossible. Gullwing would look incredibly cool, but the fabrication would be ridiculous. I'm going to talk to my welder/fabricator and see what he thinks....

I can't even imagine the f**kshow that would ensue if you tried to put gullwing doors on an S30. The top frames are way too frail to bare the weight of the bottoms. Unless you replaced them with something completely new out of composite material (carbon fiber or fiberglass) and reinforce the chassis to make up for the rigidity lost by cutting the roof, you'd basically just be wasting a perfectly good car. S130 with T-tops, maybe, but again they have frameless windows so you'd have to fabricate entirely new doors. My opinion, save your money and buy MORE GO FAST PARTS!

Edited by MazterDizazter