HybridZ

260 barn/garage find

Well the story starts off on last wensday, my dad calles me telling me about a 260z thats about 1 hour away for sale. I called the seller and talked to the nice lady about the car. She told me that she had owned the car since 73 when she bought it new. I asked about the magical 4 letter word RUST! She said that there was none! The next day i went to look at the car, to my supprise it was in remarkable shape! The car had been parked in the garage since 91. The clock still works, it has the original jack and tool kit, and the original spare tire! It also has a (custom?) 4 barrrel intake. The only down side is that it has a sun roof put in, and the passenger side has been backed into. It is the most solid car ive ever seen in Tennessee, or atleast in my area. So enough talking on with the pics!

new260z002ai3.jpg

new260z001us0.jpg

new260z009da7.jpg

new260z003on7.jpg

new260z004sx7.jpg

new260z005kj9.jpg

w640.png

new260z013vk5.jpg

new260z014yb6.jpg

w640.png

new260z015da3.jpg

w640.png

new260z017nf4.jpg

w640.png

new260z018vp3.jpg

w640.png

That looks like a very nice Z. Are you going to swap the drivetrain from the wrecked Z? I hope that you will, that is a great Z for the swap.

Good luck!

I think im going to stick with the 6 for now. Who knows i may build an I6 for this one.

The fish thing is something that imageshack put into the link to the pics.

I think im going to stick with the 6 for now. Who knows i may build an I6 for this one.

The fish thing is something that imageshack put into the link to the pics.

i think what he meant was the transmission from auto to manual ;) good find. I drive a 260 and its great to see the reaction on peoples face when they have never heard of one.

Ben

i think what he meant was the transmission from auto to manual ;) good find. I drive a 260 and its great to see the reaction on peoples face when they have never heard of one.

Ben

No, he meant the last 260z i had. It had a scrab mounted v8 in it.

Oh yeah, that look is the best, either its a 240z, or a 280z. Noone has ever heard of a 260z.

And I thought I got a good deal paying a little more than you. The only advantage mine had was that it ran, not well, but it ran. You're has matching paint on all body panels. :lol:

You got a great deal.

i dont believe that this car is too far from running. i drained the old gas out of it, did a compression check today, and checked for spark all seems to be in order to fire right up with a carb and fuel.

Im just not sure if the 4 barrel intake is worth me buying a new 390 carb, just to not run well.

it looks like a hack job to adapt the stock SU manifolds to a four barrel downdraft.. I don't want to knock what might actually be a well crafted piece, but it doesn't LOOK so hot and IMHO the idea is less than optimal. Why not try to score a set of SU's? people take them off of their cars all the time, it shouldn't be too difficult. If you are handy with carburetors, you could pick up a pair of decent spares (ie need rebuild) and get the Ztherapy video and have a pair of damn fine carburetors on the side there, for a not-TOO-awful price.

that find is awesome. I enjoy hearing stories like this. are you going to keep is Automatic or swap it over to a manual transmission? I know that everyone likes to swap these out and that most everyone thinks Auto's are boring, (which they are), but I'm restoring my 240Z and keeping it Auto for sentimental reasons of the last owner. If you do make the swap, i'd be interested in the indicator trim plate and stick and handle. My handle is cracked.

what brand are those "holed" wheels? I have five of those that are "Proggressive".

My brothers may actually be interested in those rims as well.. They have a set of four already for their ITS 240Z, not sure if they would like another matching pair.. but we have lots and lots of old school Z car wheels (read: 14") if you might be interested in a trade.